• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

300mm stop tech brakes are they good

Hi everyone I'm looking in to getting the brake kit is the 300mm one good for the money or should I save up and get the bigger 328 mm
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the touring kit as opposed to the full on BBK?

It depends on what you want to use it for. The touring kit is near as damn it half the price these days, has a similarly sized caliper to the full kit but doesn't have a floating disc like the full kit. Because of this the full BBK shines on track by comparison as you hold less heat in bigger two piece disc. The bigger disc will also give you better stopping power.

Although to be honest I rarely track mine, I'm holding out until I get the full BBK again.

I'm not really thinking of putting mine on track so might go for the touring. I've got the 19"s rage on my fn2 will I need spacers as well?
Thanks Loxy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there, I can only comment on the 4pot 328mm kit that I have on my EP3 and so far no regrets since upgrading all parts are of great quality! The 328mm will look a lot better behind the wheels than the 300mm IMO! These brakes are the business when it comes to serious stoping power specially on track! For everyday use, you will hardly use it to its full potential as a tiny squeeze of the brake pedal will slow the car down pretty quickly! I would advise you to upgrade the rear brake hoses to braided ones as this will be the perfect time to do it, pads are optional and oem will work just fine since most of the braking force will be coming from the stoptechs!
On my setup I use EBC Yellow Stuff pads, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, Tegiwa brake master stop and so far it's been ultra reliable with minimal wear on pads and great bite from cold! Break pedal feels nice and firm like a race car!
Hope this helps.

I have the same kit as Vteker do note the price of rotor and pad replacement

I'm not really thinking of putting mine on track so might go for the touring. I've got the 19"s rage on my fn2 will I need spacers as well?
Thanks Loxy

I was just wondering if you had the Stoptech Touring kit fitted.......... I'm also looking to buy this kit

I have the touring kit fitted ! Haven't done too many miles or any trqckdays with this fitted yet but overall I.oression is good ! Alot more confident breaking power and that's from hardly touching the pedal !

I would probably wait to get the bigger kit though like other lads in here have done :)

I have the touring kit fitted ! Haven't done too many miles or any trqckdays with this fitted yet but overall I.oression is good ! Alot more confident breaking power and that's from hardly touching the pedal !

I would probably wait to get the bigger kit though like other lads in here have done :)

Did you get the kit fitted or did you fit it yourself ???

Fitted it myself.

Fitting wise was pretty easy! 4 bolts, abit of copper slip, fit braided brake line again and then bleed it out. Everything fitted as expected and I had a set of evo alloys ready to clear the calipers :)

Fitted it myself.

Fitting wise was pretty easy! 4 bolts, abit of copper slip, fit braided brake line again and then bleed it out. Everything fitted as expected and I had a set of evo alloys ready to clear the calipers :)

Sweet .................. I've ordered the kit. I'm going to fit myself. I've changed my pads, and discs in the past, wasn't to sure about the calipers been a direct bolt on... I'm gathering thats right :)

Well i've had the kit come last Friday, fitted it myself over the weekend. All good quite easy to fit , good instructions. Supplied by Eight Speed :)

Excellent I've used mine on teesside Autodrome and out braked everything on the track ! Leading to better lines and faster straights ! Teesside is rather hard on the brakes I had a little bit of smoke but no over heating and the wear is minimal. So I am very impressed with them overall.

Back