• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

30pin to lightning query

My FN2 came with a 30 pin lead tucked away just above the gearstick.

I plugged my iPad in to check it works and voila, music began playing out the cars speakers.

As I have an iphone 7 and a Spotify premium account I decided to get on eBay and purchase an adapter so I can plug the phone in.

But it's not as simple as that after an attempt tonight. Screen on stereo dash comes up with " error "!!!!

To test the adaptor I attached it to the iPad charger lead (30 pin) then plugged it into my phone, straight away it began charging the phone.

So back out to the car I went, and plugged the lead as it is, into the iPad. It makes the screen come on but the iPad says "not charging" !!!

When I attach the adaptor and plug into my phone I can hear the speakers make a kind of hum as if it's about to do something

Baffled to say the least, any suggestions???

Those adaptors tend to be a bit hit and miss, some are much better quality than others. It also depends what's on the other end of the 30-pin wire, some of them don't seem to be able to do the business through an adaptor. My pioneer unit has the old school 'iPod adaptor' which I can't get to work through an adaptor.

I think (may be wrong) that the headunit only supports ipods through the 30pin

I bought a USB adapter cable to use with my android phone and it never worked,

I think the headunit is only compatible with old school ipods

Something about the data transfer through an older USB bus not working. Probably down to a simple adapted not being able to convert the signal from 8-30 pin and vice versa.

You could try one of those cables that splits into the Lightning cable for power and an aux for sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something about the data transfer through an older USB bus not working. Probably down to a simple adapted not being able to convert the signal from 8-30 pin and vice versa.

You could try one of those cables that splits into the Lightning cable for power and an aux for sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I've now ordered, got to be worth a go for £3.95 - fingers crossed

Back