• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

345 Miles Full Tank Shell V-Power

Filled up using Shell V-Power as usual last weekend and drove from hull to Warwickshire then to Sheffield the back to hull was almost a 300 mile round trip then got 3 more runs to work out of it during the week I was amazed that I averaged 38mpg!! :eek: £50 to fill didn't go over 70 at all and I used VTEC once :eek: it was very difficult to restrain myself but it was worth seeing how many miles this car is capable of, my recaros did get a bit uncomfortable after 4 hours though wouldn't recommend long distance commuting in them.

I regularly got 600km out of my DC5 when it was kpro'd. Soul destroyingly boring but possible.

I managed 40mpg in the ep3 a few times after a service. Since I got the derv its 600 miles a still not on the red

I did 384 miles on a full tank (£50.00) from Liverpool to Kent.

2014-12-31112614_zpsfb6e0325.jpg

I recently managed 362 miles on one tank, barely into the reserve too. However, that's only because the A9 is infested with average speed cameras and I barely got above 50mph from Glasgow to Inverness and back again...... :-({|=

Mine does a lot more mpg now that it's -104kg!

I feel your pain Jimbo those 50mph speed zones gosh! :( im very Suprised that I got over 300 miles because my last type r struggled to get 240 miles to a tank, that's partly because I couldn't keep out of vtec with the harmony of the typhoon and BC pro spec unsilenced lol

I usually get 330 miles to standard supermarket fuel, but as said its soul destroying and boring!

I need a diesel for the miles I do :-/

I get on average 220 miles to a full tank that's a combo of normal driving and vtec using she'll v power. You've got to get in the vtec that's the whole point of owning a type r / honda:p

I agree, ive filled up with V power recently a few times, and driving it normally, which is engage vtech everytime i drive it ha, i seem to be getting high 200/ early 300 miles out of a tank.

When driving like an old man, light comes around 240/250 miles.

Deffo worth driving it how it should be driven to get the best fuel out of the car.

Regards

Andrew

I completely agree about driving it properly that's why it's there! :asw:But if you do need to commute somewhere far it's not that bad on fuel driven out of vtec! Saying that I'd just get my gf to drive the cooper s d gets around 60mpg

Back