• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

351.4 miles from a tank.

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Filled up and whet to Castle Combe and back, got back and headed to the petrol station, on the way the light came on at 349.9 miles. Got to the petrol station showing 351.4 and filled up... it took 42.3 litres to fill it which is 37.7MPG!!! :shock: :shock: 8)

Rcb said:
See...who needs a Skoda afterall :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I reckon in a CTR on a motorway journey you could get 400miles from a tank if you kept to about 70....

I was making progress on the way out... i did the first 85 miles in about 50 minutes and was still being overtaken! :shock: :lol:

I got 355 out of mine on the european motorways. It wasn't as empty as when I filled it either, so reckon 370 wouldn't have been too difficult.

I can't understand these figures - only managed over 300 a few times, and it was 'just' over too :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:
I can't understand these figures - only managed over 300 a few times, and it was 'just' over too :lol:

You noticed the same cars behind you all the time? Maybe they are hitching a ride :lol: :lol:
My figure was constant motorway driving and rarely Vtec'ing. Although its not too hard to get 300 from a tank anyway :?

I think Trung still holds the record for miles on a tank in a CTR.

If he sees this thread I am sure he will post, I cannot remember the distance he covered.

Captain Redbeard said:
Scousefella said:
I think Trung still holds the record for miles on a tank in a CTR.

If he sees this thread I am sure he will post, I cannot remember the distance he covered.
I think he managed 441 miles. :shock: My girlfriend regularly gets 350-360 before the light comes on but then she doesn't rev it past about 4k so it's not that surprising. :lol:

Is that because she is under instruction? :lol: :lol:

385 miles to 1 tank of fuel

385 miles to 1 tank!

:? How the hell did I manage this? :lol: :lol:

It must be a bad sign. I should get it serviced because I shouldn't be getting this many miles from a tank.

I used to be chuffed with 300 miles to a tank :lol:

Sorry wrong section. And just noticed Neily's thread. DOH!!

Trung got 441 miles... Thats sick :lol: :lol:

I recon the only way u can get over 400 is to stick it into nuetral going down hills :)

If roads are busy on the way to work I can quite easily get 320-350 miles so I think 400 on a motorway run would be easy enough to do.

Boring as hell though, what with the prices slowly dropping and not doing much else at the mo apart from save I have gone to Vtec for more pleasure :twisted:

Tarticus said:
I recon the only way u can get over 400 is to stick it into nuetral going down hills :)

This will use more petrol then if you are going down hill in gear and not applying any gas.

MilanoChris said:
Tarticus said:

This will use more petrol then if you are going down hill in gear and not applying any gas.

Agreed - the engine would just spin up burning fuel instead of a controlled descent.

Scousefella said:
MilanoChris said:
Tarticus said:

Agreed - the engine would just spin up burning fuel instead of a controlled descent.

Clarkson said the same when he did the long drive in that big Audi. He said to carry on in what gear your in to the end of the road and just before you stop stick your foot on the clutch as the engine coaxes its way in without using up fuel

Back