• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

37,500 mile service booked at TGM

Trung

Banned
Will be visiting Tom next Monday for my 3rd service.
I've given up with my local Honda dealer as on my 25,000mile service they didn't carry out valve clearance check.
So I decide to travel well out of my area to someone who I can trust with no greasy monkeys let loose.

Trung said:
I've given up with my local Honda dealer as on my 25,000mile service they didn't carry out valve clearance check.

How can you check that they havent done it for sure?? I think mine didnt carry it out, just didnt look like the rocker cover had been removed at all etc.. :?

Gunn79 said:
Trung said:

How can you check that they havent done it for sure?? I think mine didnt carry it out, just didnt look like the rocker cover had been removed at all etc.. :?

Mine you can see some new sealant that has 'oozed' out around the edge of the cam cover. :wink:

The're also supposed to tick the valve clearance checked form on the service sheet, and also tick adjusted if they had to adjust them. Both ticked on my 25k service

JonCTR said:
The're also supposed to tick the valve clearance checked form on the service sheet, and also tick adjusted if they had to adjust them. Both ticked on my 25k service

And that! :oops: :p

JonCTR said:

They did tick both those boxes as mentioned. Still not 100% convinced they did it tho! Think I am just to suspicious/paranoid :!: :lol:

That's correct, my Honda dealer didn't tick the service sheet for valve clearance and adjustment.
Was a little cheesed off when I found out but I knew I can always get it done at a later date which was at TGM.

When Tom took off my cam cover, the internals was amazingly clean as new 8) Even Tom was impressed with it considering I've done about 3 trackdays since the last service.
The spark plugs were mint too, gap size was perfect so that didn't need changing.

Big thanks to Tom and Ken. :D

Back