• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3rd gear crunch

http://www.grinspeed.co.uk/product/mfactory-synchros

Hi ive just aquired an 04 ep3 Type R that needs a bit of tlc got a few plans for it *** so like to upgrade the tierd components as i like a bit of spirited driving im planning a bit of an overhaul but first on my list is curering the dose of 3rd gear crunch it has and was thinking of upgrading all the syncros while im at it as the cars coming up to 81000miles was just wondering if anyone has used these and are they suitable for a daily ?

Any feedback welcome

They are spot on for daily. :smt023

While the box is out it would be a good time to change the clutch and maybe think about a lighter flywheel and an LSD.

They are spot on for daily. :smt023

While the box is out it would be a good time to change the clutch and maybe think about a lighter flywheel and an LSD.

Thanks for the advice think ill contact grinspeed and see its going to be price wise To get it all done at once.

I have a similar issue keeps dropping out of 3rd gear, would it be a selector i wonder are they a soft spots in these boxs ?

Issues with the selector forks are rare to be honest.

What do you mean by dropping out? Literally coming out of gear?

My brother's old EP3 used to come out of 2nd gear by itself whenever you came off the throttle. It turned out the box had been apart before and some springs on the selector on the box itself weren't tight and had gone walkies.

What do you mean by dropping out? Literally coming out of gear?

My brother's old EP3 used to come out of 2nd gear by itself whenever you came off the throttle. It turned out the box had been apart before and some springs on the selector on the box itself weren't tight and had gone walkies.

The last day i had to hold it in 3rd gear as it kept slipping out of it espicelly on bumpy sections and considering it was only that gear leads me to think it cold be selector.

Back