• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 3rd Gear Fix

Just got my Type R back after 3 weeks, the fix for the 3rd gear did'nt work, so Honda agreed to replace the whole gear box. Has anyone else had a whole new gearbox installed? any comments on performance after? mine seems to lack a bit and acceleration noise seems to have increased. Mine is a very early Type (one of the 1st 100), any comments on the general build quality would be welcome as I've had lots things replaced already (interior trim, dash board screen, front speakers, front fog lights, rear lights, tailgate realigned and still not resolved)

Fortunately mines not given me an ounce of problems since the day I picked it up. I rejected it 3 times prior to that though. Poor paint, mismatched tyres and damage to the front valance. Kettering Honda sorted everything out without any hassles, except that I had to wait an extra 3 weeks.

im still having probs when putting her into third gear,u think its in then release the clutch and it pops out:mad: there seems to be a few probs with the new cars, mines is a 57 plate non gt(though i was never offerd the gt version when i bought the car and never new there was a gt version till i seen one,hey but never mind im still happy:D)1897mls and still the same prob,thinking of contacting honda regarding this,but im going to have a look all round the car to see if there's anymore faults and get it all sorted at once,as for ur probs i would get the car back to where u bought it and get it sorted out:twisted:

the reason for the low mileage is that ive not been doing much driving lately, to and from work only at the moment,my mates just bought the new focus st in pantherblack which i really like so im in two minds whether to trade my fn2 in for one or stick with the type r as it does have a better engine eventhough the st has a 2.5L volvo engine in it:twisted:

Mine had just ticked over 13k....still got the 3rd gear problem....:rolleyes:

had service 2 weeks ago......

u must do loads of driving,wot year is ur car,im getting a bit fed up with this 3rd gear prob it popped out of gear on the way to work today:mad: im gonna contact honda bout this on monday.

There was a gear fix on the EP3 which rectified the 2nd gear crunch problem.

This 3rd gear issue on the FN2 is not on really tbh. Is there an issue with FD2s?

u must do loads of driving,wot year is ur car,im getting a bit fed up with this 3rd gear prob it popped out of gear on the way to work today:mad: im gonna contact honda bout this on monday.

Had it in April 07, but I have a 30 mile each way commute to work...;)

Back