• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 3rd gear

yep.....stickey 3 rd gear....as if it needs to engage twice....

mine has been like it from new, only happens when going slowly and even then it is only when I do a 'lazy' change and not a determined throw of the stick,I have got used to it now. I have done over 9k and it is still the same.

There is a HUUUUGE thread on this on CTRO. Loads of people have the same issue.

thanx for that,i spoke to a guy yesterday who has the same problem with the 3rd gear change,he took his ctr back to honda and they told him there was nowt wrong with the gear changing,as usual u buy a new car and you drive off from the dealers then when u got a problem with ur car they dont want to know.

I thought it was only me and the gearss needed running in but obviously not then

:s

hopefully it is not damaging to the gearbox or Honda better be willing to help shell up for repairs. :)

3rd

iknow third gear selection is a known fault on the type r which the main dealers are aware of. Don't let them fob you off..

Just change the transmission fluid to MTF3 Ultra or FL Car Matryx ( if available in GB )

This is a known Honda issue....LOADS of early FN2s suffered including mine.

IIRC you require a new gearbox

Yeah, the problem is that one of the rods within the box cracks making it hard to engage third gear. If your not careful, you think it's in and release the clutch making it pop out :eek:

Not good if your driving in anger

Back