• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4 Wheel Geometry Alignment In South Wales For My EP3....

Hey Guys,

currently ordering / installing some mods and wanting to get a Fast Road Setup when all these are done. I wanted to know the following!

1. I live in Bridgend (between Swansea & Cardiff in South Wales) So where would be the closest please?
2. How much it would cost?
3. How long it would take abouts?

Mods that will be installed once going for this setup! (If you have any suggestions)

Rear JDM ARB
Complete Energy Suspension Master Bush Kit
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
SPC / Eibach Front & Rear Camber Kits
MAYBE - DME Rear Control Arms (Unsure of doing this what do you think / suggest!?)

Thanks guys!

JubeiTigeruk:smt047

If you are talking about Lower Control Arms, I have mine fitted down TGM, I'm using Eibach and tbh, it's just bling IMO, it's just lighter than OEM, I didn't feel any changes when I had that but I felt different when I had my JDM ARB. :D

If you are talking about Lower Control Arms, I have mine fitted down TGM, I'm using Eibach and tbh, it's just bling IMO, it's just lighter than OEM, I didn't feel any changes when I had that but I felt different when I had my JDM ARB. :D

I have to admit having installed that Rear JDM ARB defo feel the difference there is this corner which is pretty harsh to and from my work place and WOW! lol The difference I started laughing and this guy on the other side of the road was looking at me with a strange look but it did make a different big time there. I have yet to install the rear of my Rear Bushes this Sunday.

They got a great reputation too mate area Motorsport, good luck.

Ths is NN review on ctro

Newannaive said:
Oh hi there...

So I went to Areamotorsport the other night to have my car setup for oulton park...and offered to help get there name out there as imo it's been far too long since we in the midlands had something to shout about. This is me shouting.. :wink:

It's a new venture by an already well established motorsport company. They have 3 or 4 EP3 project cars on the go, from customers cars to race cars, n/a and turbo, all custom made stuff and not much generic forum mods at all...if any. They also had lots of custom made chassis mods that I have never seen before, but will be acquiring. Cool stuff such as camber arms, LCA's, castor and camber adjustable ball joints and bushes etc etc. Designed and produced by themselves, and some more in the pipeline apparently, plus oil coolers etc. First impression for me is that they are the "Clockwise Motion" of the project car world. If you know Clockwise, you'll know what I mean :cooldude:

So arrived at the current premises, although an all new unit is being built apparently which is nice. :smile:

They got the car up onto the scales and all associated gizmo's attached to each hub plate.

1DSC_0001.jpg

1DSC_0003.jpg

1DSC_0004.jpg

The car weighed in at 1149.5 which is nice to know, still has oem seats, doorcards, side trim, stereo, 4 speakers, airbags etc.

1DSC_0009.jpg

Had a little chat with the mechanics, a little out of my depth with these guys tbh, as they are uber motorsport orientated but they were happy to stop and explain stuff in laymans terms so I could keep up with what was happening. Very interesting how they corner weight the car and what other checks they can do with this equipment, such as detecting bump steer, pin pointing the cause and measuring the extent of it. I watched as they took readings as the wheels were being turned lock to lock and lots of really cool stuff was happening on the screen which was highly technical but looked cool. :wink:

Got a little screen shot of the front camber/toe readings after. There were similar readouts for the full geo such as castor, rear camber/toe and K.P.I. readings etc and I had a printout of the whole lot to take home as well.

1DSC_0008.jpg

The accuracy of this method is absolute. I don't know what else to call it tbh. They got it 100% perfect. I never expected that at all as I've been round long enough to know that nothing is perfect.

I've not been on track yet, but will be on Tuesday at Oulton park so hoping it performs well. What little grief I have been able to give it on the way home from them has been great. It feels so balanced now, unlike it ever has before. It just makes sense when you think about it, corner weighting balances the car, combined with an accurately setup chassis, and boom...it feels perfectly balanced. Simple.
I should have had this done along time ago.

Thanks to the guys at Areamotorsport for their time and effort....and tea. :wink:

They got a great reputation too mate area Motorsport, good luck.

Ths is NN review on ctro

Thank you!

I rung these guys today and yes extremely helpful and friendly even down to wanting to plan a day there with the girlfriend willing to drop me to the nearest train station or town for me to have a look about!

Seem to know everything you want to know about this line of work and like it says above currently producing items of their own (manifold and exhaust systems) or designing them at least at the moment.

I shall be going here when its time for me to do it next month.

Thanks for the help!

P.S Only 2 Hours from me too which is great! :)

Just an update guys, I have been using the bushes I bought for a while now I can't say I am pleased with them at all. The noise I am getting from them when going up or down a curb or bump slowly is making me feel ashamed of the car. Even going over a speed bump I get a horrible rubber / dry old bush sound. I have been in touch with FunkyPower.com, Energy Suspension and they haven't been able to help me so much so I am stuck with a box of bushes I am not going to use on the car now.

I have recently ordered to replace them the following:

SuperPro Complete Bush Kit with Caster Increase on the Front Control Arms
Looking to see what the outcome of them being installed is going to be.

Thanks

Back