• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4x4 CTR

I've heard alot about some kid local to me with a 4x4 super charged CTR. Now has anybody ever seen or heard of a 4 wheel drive Civic Type-R because I think it's a complete load of bollocks! I'm sure If you had a 4x4 CTR you'd have it in Banzai on the cover with a centre spread!! ok lets talk 4x4 CTR!

:)

I don't want to disclose names @ this point but I'd love to be proved wrong. I think I'd be buying an R32 or a scooby/Evo instead of converting a CTR like that. Chavtastic stories I've heard today. The motorbike from the great escape is prob in his dads garage 2.

I've driven a 4x4 EP3 type R, owned by a bloke who trounced me at Combe at a track day. It was a flagship for a Car Tuning shop. I know it wasn't cheap. Think it cost £8k ish iirc. He had it done somewhere near Norwich. Handled really well.

I've driven a 4x4 EP3 type R, owned by a bloke who trounced me at Combe at a track day. It was a flagship for a Car Tuning shop. I know it wasn't cheap. Think it cost £8k ish iirc. He had it done somewhere near Norwich. Handled really well.

I'd love to know more about this, do you know the name of his shop & do they have a website?

yeah same here, I'd be very interested to know more about this.
what kind of diff and torque splitting device they'd be running, and from which car did they take the 4x4 tranny from?

I would have thought that a tiny tuning shop wouldn't do something like that? But then again if it was a major one then we would all have heard of it!

Whoever it is they need to work on their PR! :roll:

Right i know forza 2 is a game but i also know that the developers researched the mods to a great extent, and there is a 4X4 draive train conversion avail in game so i presume that one is avail in the real world, maybe from a CRV or simular vehicle even from an Acura of some description.

Last edited by a moderator:
with my engine I dont think there would be a lack of power mate...
If there would, then a full rebuild would sort it out :)
And if it didnt, then adding a Turbo for top end powaaaa would surely fix it!

and then it would be the most "exotic" EP3 around, and I would NEVER be able to sell it...

The bloke was from Swindon, it was a Satin Silver with the rear seats out, and a drive train tunnel set in. The rear was plastered with decals advertising his business, presumably in the Swindon area. This was mid 2004. The reason I approached him was I couldn't understand why his CTR left mine for dead on acceleration and when, when I was following him, why he was taking different lines and I noticed that the lift off U/S wasn't as evident. As for the conversion, being relatively new to the CTR at the time I just assumed that this was a known expensive mod, for the track. I spent a while myself trying to find out later (about mid 2005) info on this but drew a blank. I put it down to a one off.

Back