• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

52 CTR oil pressure and battery light on.. Help

car ran for about 5 mins sounded ok then cut out, Oil pressure and Battery light were lit up, I havent started it back up since just incase,

any ideas guys??

:(

The oil pressure and battery lights will be on if the engine isn't running as there is no oil pressure and the battery isn't charging. ;)

sorry guys my missus was in work when the ctr broke down i was quoting her, ive been to look at it she let it run down on fuel, after the light came on, stuck 30 quid in and it cut out 5 mins later, First thing i done was check it wasnt bloody diesel, now it starts then cuts out soon after.

cheers

did it run out of petrol? or was it just low?

i would persist with starting the engine to clear the fuel lines of air.

Hi, no didnt run out of fuel just ran low, it fires up and runs then seems to choke and run out as if its empty. It ran fine before that, startin to think maybe the fuel was off or something, i went back to the garage and they didnt want to even talk about it.

I hope that is all it is anyway.

hmmm, drain fuel and get some fresh if you think that's what it is, don't keep running it on bad fuel :)

sounds like diesel in tank ?

Yeah that's what I thought initially...No offence to your missus Sharky! :p
Correct me if I'm wrong though, but aren't diesel nossles bigger in diameter than petrol ones, therefor making it impossible to get the thing in the car in the first place?
I'm pretty sure that's the right way round?!

Yeah that's what I thought initially...No offence to your missus Sharky! :p
Correct me if I'm wrong though, but aren't diesel nossles bigger in diameter than petrol ones, therefor making it impossible to get the thing in the car in the first place?
I'm pretty sure that's the right way round?!

Yep diesel nozzles would fit at EP3.

cheers for responses guys seems the fuel thing was just coincidence, bad news for me though, the old P0341 code flashed up crank sensor. Looks like the timing chain may need changing. I switched the sensors round though and it idled and sounded fine but would not rev up. The engine sounds ok *** apart from misfire when i rev it...

:mad:

cheers for responses guys seems the fuel thing was just coincidence, bad news for me though, the old P0341 code flashed up crank sensor. Looks like the timing chain may need changing. I switched the sensors round though and it idled and sounded fine but would not rev up. The engine sounds ok *** apart from misfire when i rev it...

:mad:

crank or cam sensor ?

I got this code and I'm really praying its not the timing chain. Did You get this sorted? Was it the chain?

Back