• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

55 plate ep3

quick question , recently bought a 55 plate ep3 from evans halshaw in scotland . it was my 1st type r so wasnt sure about different model spec etc etc , only to find out tonight that the 55 plate is a premier edition , ie recaro seats front fogs , ive done a bit of research and saw a few 55 plates with the same seats as mine ,mine has the momo steering wheel , dont have the recaros that pull out for extra leg rom though , and dont have front fogs , help , have i been had ?

jesus !! , where exactly do i stand with this one then , having not got the extras i should have with the sale

The Premier was released just prior to the 55 plate, so it is possible to have an non-premier Type R not registered until sept on a 55 plate.

I thought the front fogs were still an option on a Premier.

The Premier had;
Recaro Front Seats,
Tinted rear windows
Red Carpet (not just mats)
Momo steering Wheel

If your car has everything except the Recaro's I suspect someone has removed them and sold them on.

it dont have the front fogs , or red mats or recaros , has what i think are called facelift recaros with the type r embroidered and the single round hole at the top of seat , i have saw a few on pistonheads etc same plate that dont have front fogs or the recaros , im confused , are my seats not recaros lol

it dont have the front fogs , or red mats or recaros , has what i think are called facelift recaros with the type r embroidered and the single round hole at the top of seat , i have saw a few on pistonheads etc same plate that dont have front fogs or the recaros , im confused , are my seats not recaros lol

If they are recaro's they have 'recaro' on them and look like these
P5150065.jpg

I suspect yours are like these (but with red centres)
s4200292ae5.jpg

If you don't have tinted windows, or red carpets or type R logo calipers. Yours is not a Premier edition.

i just checked , dont have the type r on the calipers , the original warranty start date on the service records was for 22/09/05 , so picking up on an earlier comment if it was registered pre september that shud mean a non premier model ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just checked , dont have the type r on the calipers , the original warranty start date on the service records was for 22/09/05 , so picking up on an earlier comment if it was registered pre september that shud mean a non premier model ?

It just means that it was a non-premier model registered late.

Are you sure the steering wheel is momo?

yeah mate the steering wheel is momo ie double checked , thats why i was panicking , just to be on the safe side u got any pics of a momo

Here you go mate, i wouldn't worry too much about your car as long as you didn't pay premier prices that is,

note the wheel says momo at the bottom,

RSX-RMomoWheel.jpg

eureka moment , i dont have a momo steering wheel , lol , the only thing i have on mine similar to the premier is the rear window tints lol , aw well that puts that one to bed , as far as price goes i ended up paying 8500 , 38,000 miles on the clock , theres a few pictures of it in the newbies section .

aye well am feeling a lot better than i was lol , just didnt like the thought of being had over by the stealers lol

Back