• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'55 Premier CTR EP3 Electric window auto up.

CSB

I am aware that the auto up feature is a fault but understand that you can reset it by holding down the switch for a few seconds once the window is down.
I've tried this a few times now and still have an issue with it. If I try to auto up the window when it is fully down, it will just briefly move up a fraction then wind back down. I can move the window up if I'm careful to not activate the auto up. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

I'll give it another try tonight, pretty sure my fiddling must have covered that technique.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with this, as my girlfriends 55-plate permier is doing the same thing. Have asked her to try the above, tomorrow so will see. If not I'll be phoning the dealer I guess...

G

Didn't work for me, in fact immediately after the window will not go up and I have to wait.

Didn't work for us either - anyone got any ideas?

Basically, when the driver's window is down and you request auto up it rises about 1 inch and then goes back down again. The only way to avoid it is to pull up without the auto function.

It's almost like it has detected an obstruction, sending the glass back down again.

Is this a common problem, and whats the fix?

G

Didn't work for us either - anyone got any ideas?

Basically, when the driver's window is down and you request auto up it rises about 1 inch and then goes back down again. The only way to avoid it is to pull up without the auto function.

It's almost like it has detected an obstruction, sending the glass back down again.

Is this a common problem, and whats the fix?

G

The way your describing is exactly the same as mine. I've found if I manually get past the first inch or so, I can auto up the rest.

I'm guessing this is not a known issue (and therefore not a known fix) then?

G
I don't want to speak to soon but I wound the window up, held it in auto up for 5 seconds, wound it down and held it on auto down for 5 seconds left the window open for a bit (bloody cold!) then auto up seemed to work.
So far since, it seems to be working every time but I need more testing to confirm this.

I don't want to speak to soon but I wound the window up, held it in auto up for 5 seconds, wound it down and held it on auto down for 5 seconds left the window open for a bit (bloody cold!) then auto up seemed to work.
So far since, it seems to be working every time but I need more testing to confirm this.

Sounds like that's tonight's test then.
I also thought I best give the window seals a really good clean, to make sure it's not dirt causing any resistance and confusing the anti-trap system.

Will let you know if it works for us.

G

Actually, just want to check - was this with the engine running or not? (not sure if it makes a difference)

G

Did this work for you CSB? Any updates. Didn't seem to solve our problem...

Time to call the dealer who sold us the car

G

It did up until I pulled the battery to install the Maxogen. I suppose I'll have to wrestle with it again now as its back to how it was.:sly:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just a final update to this.
Wait long enough, and it does work. Or it seems to have anyway.
Hopefully that is the end of it.

Thanks for your help CSB

G

Back