• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 59 plate vs 11 plate CTR GT - Any differences as in a "facelift" for example...

After a 6 year break i could be back in the market for a Type R! After an FN2 GTR and seen a couple that caught my eye...

Both Milano Red

1st = 2009 (59) 20k on the clock for £12,299

2nd = 2011 (11) 3k on the clock for £14,999

My question is, are there any differences in specs or facelifts etc between these two? Basically i'm not sure whether the extra £2.7k is worth it or not...;)

Any thoughts...

By a 59 plate it should have the ipod/USB port and HID lights (identified by the headlight washers).

The 11 plate may have LSD fitted, I can't remember from what date LSD became standard.

By a 59 plate it should have the ipod/USB port and HID lights (identified by the headlight washers).

The 11 plate may have LSD fitted, I can't remember from what date LSD became standard.

I think the ctr got LSD as standard on a 10 plate+

LSD standard if car was manufactured after April 2010. Different from registered.

It will state on the original sales invoice if it is the LSD model. It will say "Civic Type R GT LSD". It doesn't say on the V5 though.

The Honda dealer should be able to tell you from the reg or VIN though.

Just to be clear, I've seen '60 regs without the LSD. ;)

Back