• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

6th (Major) 75,000 Service

Anyone done theirs yet?

Problem is, I've only done about 46.5k miles so far. Things like spark plugs should be dependent on mileage rather than age no?

Cambridgel John Banks Honda quoted £540 for the major service. I see John Pease is about £100 cheaper with the forum discount.

Should I just get a minor service and do the major one when I actually get to 75k miles?

How much are the spark plugs anyhow?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it we me, I'd have the biggy done for peace of mind tbh.
Also looks good on the service log come sale time bud ;)

I had this service last year, but i saved a load by supplying my own plugs and oil

Honda want £80 for the plugs but the exact same ones (NGK Iridium) are on ebay for 40 sterlings delivered, part number IFR7G-11KS

Last edited by a moderator:
ebay item 330071555340

exact ones i bought. fast delivery and deffo the right ones

check the buyers history, i am `fuh-q`

Ooops. I've just bought some from another seller, but it's the same model number so should be alright! :)

:shock: I just got off the phone with John Pease Honda, and they've quoted me £300 for the service all-in, and then I told them I'd provide my own oil and plugs and they knocked off another £100. So only £200!

Plus I've got a courtesy car for the morning. Scouse, you want to meet up for some lunch? :lol:

Can't believe it's gone from £540 to £200! Well, there's the £40 for the plugs and the £50 for the oil from oilman, so it's really £290.

make sure you get them to go round the car with you before commencing work, noting any scratches etc

the tossers scratched mine badly, and took me 6 weeks to get them to admit it and pay up

Just for the convenience really. I'm going to call back tomorrow to see if they can match the quote. :)

i should be getting mine done in the next month or so.

Fellow forum member Alanok just got his done from local dealer and he said £180 (i think) but he provided his own oil and plugs and didnt need a filter change as hes got a BMC.

I'm expecting to be slightly cheaper as i tend to get mine done slightly cheaper for whatever reason lol so maybe £150?

Back