• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

6x9s in ep3

Just want to install some 6x9s in my ep3. I'm changing my head unit for a sony double din but do I have to amp the 6x9s? I know it'll probably sound better but I don't want to buy an amp so correct me if I'm wrong I can just run the 6x9s along with the oem rears by either running a pair of cables from the head unit all the way to the parcel shelf for the 6x9s or connecting directly to the oem rears to the 6x9s. Just after advice really

Don't waste your money on 6x9s. Best bet is to fit upgraded front speakers running off an amp and keep the stock rears running off the H/U.

You don't really get any benefit fitting upgraded speakers in the back.

I don't really want an amp as I need the boot space. I've had 6x9s in a few cars now and been happy with the extra bass and clarity they provide.

I run 6x9s on an amp and kepted the back and front stock speakers from the head unit.

Put the amp on back of the seats in the boot it really doesn't take a lot of space up or even put it under front passenger seat if you get one small enough.

I had 6x9's before but sold it and bought upgraded front and rear speakers.

I was not running it with an amplifier.

Don't waste your money on 6x9s. Best bet is to fit upgraded front speakers running off an amp and keep the stock rears running off the H/U.

You don't really get any benefit fitting upgraded speakers in the back.

i have a set of planet audio 6x9s with an amp and they sound great and produce and a good whack of bass

Back