• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

7.5 inch wheel query, lowered

Afternoon gents,

i have done some research on here but need some more specific to me please

im in the middle of trying to decide on wheels for my cosmic. I'm hoping to go for a little wider but not so much that I will have any rubbing when lowering. I am looking at 17x7.5 et45 or et48

from some research I found that et45 will give 6mm less inner clearance and 6mm more poke. Et48 will give 9mm less inner clearance and 3mm more poke. This is from info i found on here that Oem wheels are 7inches wide and et45

Do most people pick et45 or 48, this is with rota wheels? Do you have any issues when lowering at all, I do not want to modify the arches on this car at all.

i am also not looking for any stance, I am only interested in handling, pictures would help

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you want to modify the arches? You can't even tell arches have been rolled from the exterior unless you purposefully get under the arches to look.

People need to stop being so worried, everyone seems caught up in thinking buying wheels is a huge lottery, buy the wheels you want/think look nice/suit the car and then modify the car to suit, if at all needed. Any wheel will fit any car you want. My itr was running 19x9 ET30 a few months ago with no issues (other than poor acceleration and ***** handling).

If you do find the wheels you want and they're a really low/wrong ET or really wide, you've got the choice of adding spacers, rolling arches, adding extra camber. So don't worry too much about fitment and choose what you think's going to look the nicest for your car.

As for handling, get some Lenso's, they're really light weight and they come in 7" width ET40 so they fill the arches but don't come with any issues due to only being 7" wide.

7.5's rarely cause an issue, lowered or not. If you're stupidly low, which I'm doubting you are (because you've mentioned that stance isn't your thing), you would have to have a seriosuly low off-set with very chunky tyres to foul the arches, or seriously high off-set which will cause rubbing on the inner wheel-well (near the camber-arm/suspension assembly housing). ET45 and ET48 are as regulation as you will get on an EP3, there's 3mm difference between them, which will make very little difference to the way the car sits, and the way it handles. If it was me, I would go for something like 17 x 7.5 +ET45 using a 215/40/17 tyre. No issues at all.

P.S On my EP3 I had numerous fitments; as wide as 8.5" wheels and as narrow as 7" wheels - offsets as low as ET30 on 8" wide wheels, and offsets as high as ET50 on 7.5" wheels. My car used to be extremely low like maybe -85mm to -90mm low.

7.5's rarely cause an issue, lowered or not. If you're stupidly low, which I'm doubting you are (because you've mentioned that stance isn't your thing), you would have to have a seriosuly low off-set with very chunky tyres to foul the arches, or seriously high off-set which will cause rubbing on the inner wheel-well (near the camber-arm/suspension assembly housing). ET45 and ET48 are as regulation as you will get on an EP3, there's 3mm difference between them, which will make very little difference to the way the car sits, and the way it handles. If it was me, I would go for something like 17 x 7.5 +ET45 using a 215/40/17 tyre. No issues at all.

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated

I've just fitted evo 5 OZ F1's to my car - I believe they're 7.5 wide 38 offset. Running 215 45 17 tyres. Lowered on Tein S-tech springs (25mm drop) with -1.5 degrees camber rear and -1.2 degrees front, no scrubbing at all :)

Back