• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

7.5 or 8.0 for alloys width? please help!

hi *** this is my first post just needed some help!

i wanted some 18 inch alloys for my ep3 type r, went to the local shop and was told i could only fit ones with 7.5 width or something? apparently the 8.0 ones would effect the handling quite abit, is there any truth in this?

your replys are much appreciated! thanks guys!

personally i wouldn't bother mate, i've just taken 18" wheels off my ep3 which the previous owner had put on. They just don't look right on the car

I've gone back to standard alloys painted gunmetal, they look 100 time better then the previous ones i had

Yes, wheels that are 8" wide will take a lot of the handling plus' away from the CTR.

Stay with OEM sizes for the best results.

Depends what you are after - in general I'd say keep to 17". If you are after running a very wide tyre say 235/40 get your arches rolled and use 8 inch rims with the right offset, lots of camber and very low.

But you can't just bang on any old thing with out thinking it through - if you can't do that, my advice - don't bother.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks alot for the replies looks like *** b better off sticking with size 17's, got paid so going to go look at some wheels tommorow and gt car booked in for duplex exhaust system on saturday :D will post pics up if anybody's curious! (NHB 04 CTR).

I've gone for a 235/40/17 on a 17 x 8 Evo 8 rim with a full arch roll.

I haven't tried fitting them yet but i'm hoping they will fit with enough camber!

Back