• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

XO Motorsports demo CTR.

Claimed 180mph!!!!!! Mental. :twisted:

Mag feature in post below.

Not this again ?

They making some massive claims for this car, but so far its been very elusive, there website is now down, and the domian is up for sale ?

It has been to 0 shows, that I know of and was said to be being built for use on the Drag Strip, but aint seen it or heard anything about it, last I heard they had 600wbhp, there was a Video on streetfire.net of the car being blasted down a PUBLIC highway at some silly speed. not doubting its Turbo charged and its fast.

Just wish there was some more info on it, and they actually did something with it, if you get what I mean, its great saying wow we got 700wbhp but pointless if you dont do jack with it.

Nice little feature on it in Fast Car. Along with another boosted CTR too

Dom had that sort of power Pete, but even he recognised in the end the laws of deminishing returns. His speed as he crossed the line was pretty impresive, in excess of 136 on one of his last runs if I recall. however his actual 1/4 mile times was no better than his EK driving mate who had half the BHP. That is considering the cars weighed mutch the same in strip trim.

To get the sort of times youd be happy with you'd need to do some major chassis work, to gain decent traction. remeber he was not getting any till nearly 1/4 way down the strip in 3rd/4th. So on balance he has decided to build a car from the ground up and I think it is RWD as well. (Not an EP of course :)).

I will see if I can find out a bit more about the Civic above tomoz if I can at work.

I will see if I can find out a bit more about the Civic above tomoz if I can at work.

If you can be great m8, dont fancy buying Fast Car sorry :)

I understand where your going with the drag thing and a EP3, but seriously we will have a EP3 Civic in the UK in the 11sec bracket very very soon.

and with more development I can see it doing maybe high 10s as I know there is more to come.

If you look in the states and there FWD cars they run 9 all day and 10 sec FWD cars there are LOADS mainly CRX, EK, EG, Civic obviously running big turbos.

Its just that in the UK not many events cater for FWD applications, and you have to run against RWD, AWD classes which obviously you have no chance against, and again not much prize money, sponsorship, or even credibility is given to this type of event.

I know things are changing and FWD classes will be included in more and more events including Jap Show, which can only be a good thing in my opinion, at least then it will give some more of the tuning houses an opportunity to build some fast FWD cars

I wish it was like America, where drag racing is MASSIVE and draws big crowds and massive support, and of course with this support comes sponsorship, and indeed cash to build faster cars :)

Sorry for my rant :)

700whp-ctr.jpg

Thanks for the spec :)

35psi and 700 wbhp :) I aint saying nothing :? other than thats a mighty lot of psi for 700 BHP

Looks interesting spec though, XO Motorsports Engine Management system ? whats all this about ?

Wouldnt mind seeing it in the flesh and see it on the 1/4 Mile to be honest

Captain Redbeard said:
Quality journalism there - what a load of crap.

Who writes this stuff? A 12 year old?
"If the other motor's the Daddy of the streets then this one's the f*cking King Don Grandaddy - and that's with big hairy b*llocks to boot."

It's to appeal to the demographic really, 16-21yr old blokes, or AndyD :lol:

As posted above this is why I said I wasnt going to buy Fast Car just to read this review :p

Pete.

I know of a few companies (admitedly not Honda biased) that do their own custom management, afaik it is a bespoke system with a custom map on their own eprom (or watever lol you call it).

As far as quick times in fwd, yes of course very doable, but I m pretty certain that to get in the 10's fwd will require more than just bolt on BHP goodies. Any of the cars in the states that do those times that I have seen are running bespoke front end set ups. Designed to elimenate hop etc. Hhigh end transmision and drive shafts to take the stresses from the super wide and sticky front drag slicks. Even seen a few with skinnies on the rears.

Anyhoo, however it has to be done I would really love to see a FWD Japanese car taking the honours at events like 10 of the best, and preferably a Honda. Whoever it is tuned by. Weather or not it has much resemblence to a road car by then remains to be seen of course :D

Even more would i like to see a rally quick track CTR, set up for good alround performance that would do well in Time Attack and sprint events.

Not to take away from the lad's at XO Motorsports, but....

1. Who the hell are they, I've never heard of them?

2. It's gotta be a really fast CTR with that spec, but running over 2 Bar of boost? It seems as if it's pupely relying on turbo pressure to make the claimed 700 wbhp... and to me that means a really low compression ratio and crazy turbo lag. And seriously 700wbhp, whats that at the fly? 850? 880? It's taken Evo's and Scoobies years to get that much power and one (dare I say it) non leading UK Honda tuner manages it so soon :? :roll:

3. Why Fast Car Magazine? I've not heard my favoured reads JT/JP mentioning this car.... and a 700horse CTR, I'd have thought would be big news

4. When's it at TOTB? It's will do rather well in the FWD class (and overall) if those figures are right.

5. 180mph? Did I miss the bit in the spec list where its running a taller 5th 6th gear or different final drive ratio... and where's the gearbox mod's in general? Surely the standard 'box will smash into pieces under that power.

There's so many thing's that say to me this car ain't as good as it makes out, I just don't believe it's that special (...and trust me I'd like to, a CTR doing well against the Scoob and Evo boys, claiming big power is just what I want to see!)

HASNIC said:
Captain Redbeard said:
Quality journalism there - what a load of crap.

Who writes this stuff? A 12 year old?
"If the other motor's the Daddy of the streets then this one's the f*cking King Don Grandaddy - and that's with big hairy b*llocks to boot."

It's to appeal to the demographic really, 16-21yr old blokes, or AndyD :lol:

oit :cry: :cry:

700whp on 750cc injectors?? :?

Guy is running 505bhp and before he pushes any more he needs 1000cc injectors put in.

I don't know the total ins and outs of tuning but surly if a 505bhp civic is nearly maxing 750cc injectors out then there is no way you can run 700whp on them :roll:

As folk said - no point in having a fast car and doing jack with it

G said:
Even more would i like to see a rally quick track CTR, set up for good alround performance that would do well in Time Attack and sprint events.

If it the event runs next year, might let my mate drive the car and have a crack at the time attack.

Friendy said:
G said:

If it the event runs next year, might let my mate drive the car and have a crack at the time attack.

Why not have a go yourself fella. I'm sure Jas and Paul would appreciate the company. :)

kingy said:
Friendy said:
G said:

Why not have a go yourself fella. I'm sure Jas and Paul would appreciate the company. :)

With my driving ability :oops: :D . Remember.....'02 plate, 68.245 miles, JRSC...and still on the original front disks :shock:

As far as the 700 bhp civic is concerned, remember sometimes you do something just to see if it can be done, and try different ways of doing things.

G said:
With my driving ability :oops: :D . Remember.....'02 plate, 68.245 miles, JRSC...and still on the original front disks :shock:

O M F G!!! :shock:

I can't even begin to work out how on gods earth you've managed that G :?: :?: I did 3 sets on my 52 plate in 75k and I thought I was a reasonalbe gentle driver.

Back