• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

74mm tb on Jrsc? Does it need ported

Went for the 70mm skunk2. All installed and port matched along with a few other things like charge cooler, smaller pulley, tdi custom 3" exhaust. Booked into tdi on the 20th of this month. Fingers crossed I see some good results!!

good luck bud.
how much did the cooler conversion cost ?
reading this thread has made me decide to get my car dynoed again at srr as mines a cpl car :-/
im thinking to get a cooler and watermeth and maybe get her mapped again at tdi

Just back home from Tdi. What a day!
Well chuffed with the results. Achieved 344bhp 221lbft with the cooler and other supporting mods.
good guys at tdi, will definitely be a future customer of theirs!!
Happy days:D

Crashed the car last night. So gutted. Don't think I've cried so much since my granddad passed away. Sheep in the middle of the road, swerved to avoid and lost control. In to a field and rolled her.
Absolutely devastated!

Not a scratch on me. Car stopped rolling, I took my seat belt off, opened the door and stepped out. I guess somebody up there likes me.
At the end of the night I came home to my two beautiful daughters and wife, and that's all that matters in the end. Got such a fright, realised how fragile life is!
So glad I'm okay but obviously devastated about the car. Never thought a grown man could shed so many tears over a car!
I just hope that Adrian Flux are as good as I think they are!
Thanks stoo I'm okay

Never a good thing crashing a car, but glad you are OK though bud. Cars can be replaced at the end of it all.

Chin up, things will work out for the better one way or another.

Never a good thing crashing a car, but glad you are OK though bud. Cars can be replaced at the end of it all.

Chin up, things will work out for the better one way or another.

Yeah I'm sure it will, just really hard to see it at the moment. Tempted to just take the car back and repair it over time. I'm probably being delusional right now but I just can't let it go! I know ctr's are pretty cheap to pick up these days but it just wouldn't be the same. :(

Just heard about this and glad your OK.
Life is short and your health and that of your loved ones is the most important thing. Chin up and look to the future.

You thought about a Kswap? Your attention to detail you could do something very special and you already have the majority of the parts needed which is the big cost. Give Gerry a call at PT and say I told you to call him. Run some ideas past him. I know he has an old DC2 he is getting rid of that could be an ideal base with some time and patience. ;)

Just heard about this and glad your OK.
Life is short and your health and that of your loved ones is the most important thing. Chin up and look to the future.

You thought about a Kswap? Your attention to detail you could do something very special and you already have the majority of the parts needed which is the big cost. Give Gerry a call at PT and say I told you to call him. Run some ideas past him. I know he has an old DC2 he is getting rid of that could be an ideal base with some time and patience. ;)

Hi Paul, thanks for the support.

Just absolutely heart broken. That car was a big part of my life for the past 6 years. As for swapping I just don't think it will be the same, even buying another ep3 wouldn't be the same!
It's a shame, all the time and effort over the years and then bringing it down to yourself last week for the charge cooler remap just wasted.
Your right in what your saying, I'm alive and well, and I suppose that's what matters in the end! Just a waiting game with the insurance now, don't know whether to take the mods off the car before they take it away?
So sad :-(

Back