• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

75000 mile service due

hello guys, as it says im due the BIG one in the next 800 miles!!
can anyone tell me if they change or adjust the chain on this service?
i had my valve clearences checked on the last service for peace of mind really so i shouldnt need that done again unless they are going to do it anyway??
what sort of prices will i be looking at, and is it better to get a load of parts eg, plugs, filters, oils, etc and take it all to a garage so they just do the labour?

i love my car to pieces so i want make sure they do a proper job and i dont want be ripped off, is there anything in particular i should ask to have done or make sure is checked??

thanks

Al

can anyone tell me if they change or adjust the chain on this service?

Nope, the chain is maintenance free and provided the service schedule is followed it will last the life of the engine.

Excellent news! Ive been quoted £350-£400 by Honda and the other garages I've checked are all around the same price!

Must admit I just serviced mine myself last weekend - 85k service (or whichever is after the 75k one, although car not done 60k yet).

Oil filter with new sump seal, air filter, new iridium plugs, oil change.

All the parts for the service (genuine Honda) came to £123.44 - and took just over an hour. Granted it helped knowing someone with all of the tools to make it quite easy.

Needed new discs and pads all round, so treated myself to EBC yellowstuff pads and drilled & grooved discs whilst I was at it too :D took me 2.5hours to do all 4 corners though!

ive thought about doing it myself but the dealers price is winning at the moment, got a call back from them and its now £340 for the big service!
im hoping to treat myself to brakes aswell, where did you get yours from Wilcs???

I'm trying EBC Yellow stuff pads, which you can get from ebcdirect or similar, and from popular reviews and previous experience on other cars I've got some MTEC drilled & grooved discs off ebay, which were 1/4 of the EBC disc price. Must admit only been on around 200 miles so far and they're awesome, id say 100% improvement over OEM.

If you can do it yourself then you'll save a good 50%. With my EP3 now being 9years old and with current EP3 prices dropping like crazy it seemed like a good idea to me to save splashing extra money into it. Still keeps the FSH, it's been non Honda for a few years anyway :)

Back