• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

75k Service

Hi folks,

I'm going to have my 75k service done today by a friend of mine.. can someone just confirm the "to do list"?

- Oil
- Oil filter
- Air filter
- Pollen filter
- Fuel filter
- Gearbox oil
- Brake fluid
- Check valve clearance

(The car was serviced last year (July) it had Oil, oil filter and spark plugs changed).

Thanks in advance!

IIRC, the valve clearence check is every 25k miles and it is an adjust at 75k. Must be done from stone cold.

When i asked my local honda dealer for a fuel filter , they said its only changed if there are problems with the car , hondas words not mine .

I booked into Hypertec scotland, near me for nxt Friday. £360 getting me the works including gbox oil, v/v clearances, chain and tensioner checks. He has a 400 bhp ep3 and says apart from the fuel filter being a c*nt to change, its not really required unless causing problems as said. craig.

Ok,

Thanks for the replies guys, my mate only managed to change the oil and oil filter so still require further work to be done... I'll make a note of the fuel filter not being needed if it's a complete c**t to change!!!

I haven't had my oil changed in 10k and I noticed the difference straight away :D (using Castrol edge now)...roll on next week when he can do the rest!

Back