• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A and B trip meters showing same avg fuel consumption

Hi all,

(on my FN2) Just noticed something weird the other day - both my trip A and B are showing the identical average fuel consumption. I've set A to reset when I refuel and it's worked fine (B is the total kms from when I picked it up). But just the last few days both are showing the same consumption which is wrong. Anyone know how I can fix it? Had a look in owners manual but no troubleshooting in case both give same readout.

Thanks
Andrew

So when you are on the average mpg display and press the select button the icon flicks from A to B and it is the same?

I can't say I've ever noticed because I reset both mine manually when I fill up usually.

I'll give it a go when I fill up over the next week or so.

When it auto resets the A trip, is it definitely resetting the average mpg as well?

Hi Loxy - yeh so i'm in on the average l/100 (I'm in Aus :) ) page for trip A, and it'll show say 11.1. I press Sel/Reset button to switch to trip B and its exactly 11.1. This has been the case over several days, whatever A is B is also. A's trip is just the kms on the current tank so say 310km, B is the kms since I bought it new last Oct, now about 1400 kms. So it seems somehow the two have 'linked' when they shouldnt.

Yeh when I've refilled, I've checked it and it does reset A. When I next fill up in a few days, I'll check if does again - could be just one of those things. But wondered if there was a way to reset that portion or some combination of buttons in case of the problem.

I'll give it a go, see if mine does the same and come back to you.

Like you said the manual doesn't mention anything about linking them.

Ok thanks Loxy - appreciate it. Let me know otherwise I'll have to take the car to the dealership more than likely (if it doesnt reset after filling up one of these days also).

You should be able to reset thm individually? Did you disconnect the battery or anything that would cause them to reset?

Cheempeej - yes!!! I totally forgot about that. Two weeks ago it was absolutely p**sing down raining and I had to park somewhere. The auto headlights werent registering it dark enough for them to be on, so I switched them on manually. Got out as fast as I could and so didn't hear the very 'polite' headlights-on reminder (reminds me of an aircraft.. my Integra was a much more noticeable sound). Battery flattened and had to call RACQ (breakdown service here in QLD, Aus) and he jumped the car. Wonder how I can reset it back to normal though? Maybe just wait till the next refuel and it might fix itself up.

Thanks for tripping my memory :)

Loxy and Cheempeej - embarrased to admit but it must have been the flat battery re headlights (which I just 100% forgot about) and obviously the trip computer has some fail safe setting where if it loses trip A's average mph it just uses B's (but then wasn't B's also erased... and surely all the info would be stored on some chip somewhere - maybe it was because A is set to reset on refuel). Interesting. Anyway put petrol in this evening and its all good, A is showing its own average fuel cons. Thanks guys! A.

Back