• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

a/c installed and working

After 3 months of searching for all used ac parts, managed to install it my self and gas it today.

all working perfectly, count do it with out the help of matt and rick. After finishing all the installation realise how easy it is.

anyone wants any help on this i am more than experienced now and i can help

good for you mate, it's always good to do some d i y with success. did you manage to wire it up so it turns on when the window blower is turned on?

yes did lots of research before starting the job, well all fitings where there and went straight on, what you mean window blower?

the window demister. when you turn the top knob fully clockwise to demist the front window and turn the fan on the a/c turns its self on. it's really annoying so best leaving it off.

oh dint know that one? i will try and yes is a bit unpractical i think, but i think that comes from the ecu? dint see any connection on for that

the window demister. when you turn the top knob fully clockwise to demist the front window and turn the fan on the a/c turns its self on. it's really annoying so best leaving it off.

oh dint know that one? i will try and yes is a bit unpractical i think, but i think that comes from the ecu? dint see any connection on for that

If you switch it to demist the windscreen surely you want it doing as quickly as possible? That's why it turns the AC on.

just did a quick test it works like that, well in a way is usefull but forgot to check if you can do it off while is on window blow

If you switch it to demist the windscreen surely you want it doing as quickly as possible? That's why it turns the AC on.

yes, if the window is fully steamed up. when you get a slight mist on the window which is usually the case, the normal fan can clear it before the a/c has chance to fully activate.

How long did getting all the bits together take and cost you?

Interested in doing this to mine but dont know if i will be able to afford it as i have a baby on the way and they cost a shed load lol

a/c

Took me a while to gather all parts, only thing had to buy new is the condenser that i dint want to risk any leaks,

condenser -100gbp
pipes, evaporator, fan, compressor, dash switch, probe, 250gbp
took me 1 week to install as i was working 30min a day and one week to study the installation, but is really easy job, only thing takes time is the evaporator installation.

Now i can drive the car in cyprus with a smile on my face at 3pm @ 35c

Thats a lot cheaper than i thought then. Did you have a complete list of all the parts? or just use the ep manual?

Condenser, thats the ac rad is it not?

Sorry about all the questions but you got me thinking that i might do this now :)

Back