• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A couple of rattles.

Over the last day or so i have had a couple of annoying little rattles rear their ugly head.

One sounds like its coming from the cup holder right of the sterring wheel, when its pulled out its ok but push it in and theres a very frustrating noise.

And another one i noticed tonight on the passenger window. Put the window down and its fine but have it up and there is a rattle which the radio cant even drown out. :x

ideas?

Window could just be a rubber seal not doing its job.

Cup holder - hold it shut with a blob of blu-tack, if the rattle vanishes then you have the culprit 100%. Dealer fix!! :lol:

Wouldn't bother taking it to the dealer, took mine in for some rattles to be looked at. All they did was shove a screwdriver in the dash, put 50 miles on the clock and when I picked it up it had another rattle in additon to the orginal one :evil: :evil:

Scousefella said:
Cup holder - hold it shut with a blob of blu-tack, if the rattle vanishes then you have the culprit 100%. Dealer fix!! :lol:

nice, cheap and effective.

I will try that tomorrow. :lol:

are you sure its the cup holder? i have the same noise from the same area. I think the noise on mine is coming from the vent.

bloody annoying

Thank god it isn't just me with this bloody rattle :lol:

Off to get some blu- tack, cello tape, sticky back plastic and glue to see what i can make!!

My whole car rattles, both passenger side and drivers side doors rattle also get rattle from the front of the dash, the worst one is coming from the steering column/instrument cluster, sounds like somethings come lose, Honda don't seem to be able to find it though and ended up padding my fuse box. :evil:

The metal bit under the ashtray is a common culpret.

I also found that the door cards rattle. I hit them a few times and it stopped it :lol:

MilanoChris said:
I also found that the door cards rattle. I hit them a few times and it stopped it :lol:

I hit mine and it broke :shock: :lol: :lol:

Just how hard did you hit yours? :oops:

smeg said:
MilanoChris said:

Not very hard mate. Enough to put it in it's place but not hard nough for it to break!

MilanoChris said:
smeg said:
MilanoChris said:

Not very hard mate. Enough to put it in it's place but not hard nough for it to break!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine statrted to rattle a while back....it was traced to the hanging devil air freshner knocking the rear view mirror.

Worth checking for these stupid things too :wink: :oops:

Back