• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 A Few Questions About The FD2

Just a few things i want clearing up really.

1) Autocar quote 1250 kg as a kerb weight. If this is true thats amazing when you think how much other hot hatches weigh.

2) Being a Japanese car imported to Britain, will the speedo read in KM/H only and will the car be limited to 112 mph?

3) If you buy one brand new from Lichfields, would you get a 3 year warranty like you would if you bought a brand new FN2 in Britain?

4) What optional extras are there? What is standard?

1 - I don't see why they would lie about kerb weight

2 - This will all be taken care of whilst EVSA'd I'd of thought.

3 - No, you will get a 1 year warranty

4 - There are many optional extras to choose from. Additonal graphics, suspension, brakes, stereo etc etc
Speak to Iain about the costs of these.

HTH's ;)

1 year warranty? Thats put me off.

Reguarding kerb weight, you sometimes see different figures.

Autocar quote something like 1340 kg for the FN2.

Not being a harbinger of doom, but the resale value will suffer, as its an import. But its such a :cool: looking car, pity I'd picked up my FN2 or I'd of had one.

You don't see the DC5's suffering price falls purely down to being imported.

Infact they probably depreciate alot less than a UKDM car.

Not if you sell them privately, Traders invariably knock it down due to a grey import. Scoobies are a prime example.

True, but they is no Integra model of any sort produced & marketed to the UKDM. All DC5's are imported, hence the huge difference in depreciation.

I would be happy with a 1 year warranty on a Japan built honda, if anything goes wrong it will be in the first year. I should imagine it will hold its value better than a UK FN2 like the DC5 to the EP3. My only worry would be car jacking :( as the FD2 will be alot more desirable than the FN2.

I would be happy with a 1 year warranty on a Japan built honda, if anything goes wrong it will be in the first year. I should imagine it will hold its value better than a UK FN2 like the DC5 to the EP3. My only worry would be car jacking :( as the FD2 will be alot more desirable than the FN2.

You can't base the purchase of a car on a possible crime fella. :evil: :evil:

If you want it and you can have it then get it. :smt047

As they will be rare I would think the FD2 would hold its money very well on the private market, and if it was traded in at a 2nd hand dealer.

But you would struggle to trade it in at a Honda dealer because they can't sell it as an 'Approved Honda'

Insurance would be a little extra, but depends on your circumstances. Some people report their JDM cars cost less to insure than their old UKDM car.

The only other problem would be parts, ie need a new bumper following a knock. Honda dealers should be able to get most parts but until you go to order a part you won't know.

Its all part and parcel of owning an import.

Even now I have my FN2 I'm still tempted, don't want a test drive in the FD2 in case I get even more tempted:lol:

The only thing I don't like is the interior of the FD2, the FN2 looks a lot more modern inside.

There is already a ton of Mugen and genuine Honda parts listed for the FD2 at www.japanparts.com so no need to worry about sourcing anything. If you did need something I'm sure whoever imported the car could also source stuff.

A 1 year warranty isn't a long time but like Lee said, they are Honda's at the end of the day and very rarely go wrong.

Speedo can be converted very easily and will read in mph so don't worry about little things like that.

I guess i'm just used to dealing with helpful Honda dealers and a nice 3 year warranty.

A Jap built Honda should in theory be even more reliable than a Swindon built one.

The Jap's are like German's when it comes to excelence and engineering.

Swindonians like Cider, their cousins and tractor pulling!

(Only kidding, i'm a Swindon Town FC fan and have many friends there)

I guess i'm just used to dealing with helpful Honda dealers and a nice 3 year warranty.

A Jap built Honda should in theory be even more reliable than a Swindon built one.

The Jap's are like German's when it comes to excelence and engineering.

Swindonians like Cider, their cousins and tractor pulling!

(Only kidding, i'm a Swindon Town FC fan and have many friends there)
Have you used your 3 year warranty on your present car Ralphy??

Yes 3 times.

Twice for a rattling heat shied and once to have a bumper replaced cos the paint was pealing off.

Back