• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 A funny noise

Whenever I hit vtec or drive the car a bit hard there is a funny noise coming from the front right of the car and it sounds like a stone is stuck in the tyre but a lot louder, It goes away when I brake hard and I don't think its coming from the engine because it gets faster as the car gets faster.

Any idea's what it could be ? It seems to start when I brake hard ish

Thanks

Mat

Could be a stone stuck in the vented disc but going if you brake hard makes me think your brakes are binding it your pads are moving around on the sliders.

a little update , the noise is still there but my brakes squeal on light braking pressure, i also checked my disks and there is no lip but they were hot but it was a hot day and i had been driving for around 20m.

could it just be new pads or disk? it sounds like some sort of chain like a light metallic noise

See if the heat is the same each side, hotter one side would point towards a sticky caliper which is a bit of a common thing it has to be said.

Don't know if uve sorted this problem by now but this has just recently happened on my ep3. The sliders had jammed on my front OS caliper. Had a mate/mechanic come out next day where I had to leave the car took caliper and took it apart to clean up and grease tha slides. No longer sticks on works a treat. After a drive check both sides too see which side generates most heat and should help you locate the problem caliper.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back