• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A Good Deal?

My girlfirend had the same effect on my premium as my mother (not the same person before you start), so age doesn't always play a factor. As long as it looks like you're not a traffic light racer in the eyes of the insurance company (i.e. adding a female to the policy) your premium should drop.

Yeah, normally, but Sky just wouldn't drop it, whereas all other companies in the past have.

Might be something to do with the members discount they'd already applied to the premium.

Yeah, normally, but Sky just wouldn't drop it, whereas all other companies in the past have.

Might be something to do with the members discount they'd already applied to the premium.

Sky wouldn't drop mine by adding my mum either, they were actually a bit "off " I felt when I said my mum would be on the policy as well, it was the way they said oh that won't have any effect on the policy, I politely said back that doesn't matter she does use the car, can't have her driving uninsured now can we.

I maybe jsut took it the wrong way.

If you can afford an fd2 then you can afford the insurance, I say suck it up. Pay the money, drive safe, get through the next two years accident free then when you hit 25 bamb it will drop my a bucket load. Good luck mate, it's a nightmare. Waiting to get my first no claims bonus back after my crash last year bring on august!!!

I can afford it but it means I dont have the money to spend on mods if the insurance is sky high. Where as if I get a DC5 I will have the money. But the way I'm thinking is that I wont be changing my car for a very long time. So I might as well go all out now and buy a car that should hopefully last longer than a DC5 (depending on how i treat the car of course).

Back