• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 A letter sent in to Auto Express re: The FN2

Letter
"I've been planning to buy a hot hatch, and after reading your test, decided the Honda Civic Type-R was the one to go for. But when i visited my dealer, I found I couldn't order my favourite shade - white. I saw the prototype in that colour at the 2006 British International Motor Show, and it looked fabulous. White is also Honda's traditional racing livery. This seems like a missed opportunity to me."

Hugz and Kisses
James Miles

"I agree that the Type-R would look great in white," a Honda spokesman admitted. "But there are no plans to offer the colour, although we have received a number of similar requests from customers. If there's enough demand, things could change. Watch this space."

All our love, Honda.
xxx

Reading into that response, it would seem that Honda are either saving the white colour scheme for a special edition (some kind of racing anniversary?) or want to hype it up so much that they can get people to pay a premium to have it.

Yea I read that too but don't see it happening, While it looks nice in a picture have you ever tried owning a white car...it's a bloody nightmare

Yea I read that too but don't see it happening, While it looks nice in a picture have you ever tried owning a white car...it's a bloody nightmare

White is easier to keep looking nice.
A lot more so than black imo.

The FN2 would look a lot nicer in white, but I can't see it tbh.
They said the same about the S2000 & we're still waiting.

wouldnt surprise me if in 18 months time a special edition in white became available with a £2k premium just because its white:D

White is easier to keep looking nice.
A lot more so than black imo.

The FN2 would look a lot nicer in white, but I can't see it tbh.
They said the same about the S2000 & we're still waiting.

I agree there Lee.

After my last CTR I would never have another black car again!

Let's hope Honda is saving CW for some sort of special edition car. Hopefully one that is a bit more focused.

I have a white car and it's a lot easier to keep clean than black, plus it stays looking cleaner longer.

If they do offer white it won't be Championship would be a pearl white or similar, would still look fantasitc.

At present red is the colour of choice imo.

Why are they so reluctant to bring out a CW model. :evil: :evil:

Can't understand it myself either. A CW EP3 would've sold in droves. Honda could always make a ltd ed run of cars with a bit more power, LSD, less weight and CW then price it outrageously and it would still sell IMO. Hell, I would even buy one.

The problem, is the new ECU and the DBW though :(
No aftermarket ECU's for it, ..............yet.

Now that Hondata have used the modified DC5 ECU in the earlier S2000 I expect progress will be made to bring the whole age range into the picture. :twisted:

Why no champ. white? Because the climate in the UK makes it turn yellow over time. Honda UK have never had enough demand to make the investment to stop it from happening.

Once your car is 3 years old, they couldn't guarantee a paint match if you had a smash!

Find it a lot harder keeping nhb fn2 clean, compared to milano ep3,It never looked dirty, But i would not swap.

Reading into that response, it would seem that Honda are either saving the white colour scheme for a special edition (some kind of racing anniversary?) or want to hype it up so much that they can get people to pay a premium to have it.

And that occasion would be.... when Jensen Button wins the F1 World Championship for Honda F1 team... :p

This is my first black car, takes alot of work to keep clean but its worth when it is... looks stunning if say so myself

Back