• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

Eight O'clock this morning and the day wasn't looking too promising.
003.jpg

002.jpg

Great, I have a 300 mile round trip, to pick up Millie and I'm greeted with this first thing. :( The trip to Crewe, ABP, was eventful to say the least. You may have heard on the news that the M6 was closed for the best part of 4 hours, well I was in that queue a mile from the accident and with no way of making a detour. Sods law that I had to come off at J16, the junction where they were now diverting the whole of the M6 Northbound traffic. Eventually got there and the day had brightened and I was greeted with Millie sporting new shoes. Well she was sporting quite a bit extra from the last time I saw her. :twisted:

PIAA Extreme White H1's
PIAA Extreme White H7's
PIAA Extreme White H11's
Toyo Proxis TR-1's
Bastuk De Cat and O2 Sensor
Miltek Non Resonated Exhaust
350mm Brake Upgrade Kit
EBC Ceramic Red Pads
HKS Iridium Sparkplugs
KW Variant 3 Coilovers
12500m Service
19" Rage allows done in CW.
Front camber adjusters.

005.jpg

That immediately put a smile on my face. :D. I apologise now, for the fact that she is filthy (about the only time you can't like a filthy women!) But I had instructed ABP not to attempt to clean her in any way, as I'm a touch fussy on the cleaning side.

006.jpg

004.jpg

The wheels in my opinion look smaller now. This may be a result of the lowering from the KW's and the optical illusion of the brakes upgrade, combined with the colour change, but I think they suit it spot on. others may disagree, but each to their own.

007.jpg

The wheels look a little naked, so forewarned is forearmed, and with the help of Mook, I came up with this.

012.jpg

I think it sets them off nicely.

011.jpg

Additionally ABP, managed to balance the wheels with my request for all the weights to be behind the spokes only. This results in s few more weights being applied than normal as you have to vector the dynamic load to split the heavy point into several places basically you balance the wheel, then place it out of balance using weights where you want them, rather than placing weights where the heavy point naturally is, more time consuming but worth the time.

I was itching to be out in her, but ABP were not going to let me off without paying :rolleyes:, so duly settled up and jumped in. I had forgotten how to bloody start the car!, when my simpleton cells stopped working overtime, I fired her up to be awarded with a deep, no.....really deeeeeep grumble. I was sweating like a pedo in a nursary with the expectation of taking her for a spin. Ah, my mistake, in my enthusiasm, I had forgot the wife :eek:, I must thank her now for driving me over and picking me up, as she's not talking to me now, and this is the best form of communication going at present. Sorry dear!. As I roared off into utopia, Mrs Stella was still waiting to pull out of ABP and after 15 mins I was offered a quick lesson in puppeteering - well that's what it looked like to me, from the missus. :p and told to slow down, as the Ford Kak was struggling to keep up. Hmmm I wonder why.

So for the rest of the journey I had to settle for cruise control and the stereo. The car certainly felt better planted, The steering seemed slightly lighter, but more positive if that sounds right. The grip was cracking with the Toyo's, however i had just swapped from some yoko's that were trying to do an impression of a zebra, as there was braiding showing.

Dsc02010.jpg

The ride quality even though the suspension is harder, felt far better than the stock set up and was very precise. The brakes are awesome, virtually putting me through the screen on the first application. Anyhow, I utilised the 150 mile return to bed the discs and pads in. So back home happy and skint, with the journey to work tomorrow to look forward to. :cool:

Thanks to:
ABP, Matt, Chris, Dave.
Mook
Mrs Stella. Sorry dear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top job fella :smt023 How does it feel to have the best fn2 around?

Keep up the good work. . Whats next on the list by the way??

Cheers for the nice comments, The ride height at the rear is 305mm (taken from the top to lower mount) and the front is 300mm. This has evened the haunched look that it had before, and as you point out makes it squat a little. I managed to get a couple of fast roundabouts in on the way back - mainly motorway, and she stuck really well, I was really impressed. I had it set up to JTunes time attack car settings, and they seem to have been true to their word as its a really nice feel to it.

The brake upgrade with the 19's do look more factory fit than aftermarket as they fill all that space that was evident before. I needed the brakes doing primarily for the 2nd and 3rd stages of the project.

Stage 2. LSD, Toda Clutch and Flywheel - next month.
Stage 3. Turbo..........v soon.. :twisted::twisted:
Stage 4. Now that would be telling....................:twisted:

Well thats nice of you to say that dude. Well we are both lucky to have smart as you like fn2 :cool: just wish i had the cash to do the next stage of my plan exhaust and suspension.

Well if your ever in my area i'll fit a set of h.i.ds to your car bud its a fairly easy job

Lsd sounds like a spot on plan to do next to your car i think its one of the major ungrades you can do to a fn2 and will definitely be in my list of to do asap

Looks like money well spent there mate, the wheels look :cool:

Would love to hear a sound clip of it.

Very nice!! I've never been a fan of the rage wheels (infact i hate them) but they do look far better in white! Kinda DC5 style imo. 8)

£30 quid a corner. £9 each for the centre caps and £30 for a refurb on a slightly scuffed wheel. i think thats correct, I'll have a look at the receipt when I get home from work.

Back