• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A pillar chip repair

So I clipped someones wing mirror last week and broke my wing mirror glass, wing mirror skull and bottom plastic. But it also chipped the A-pillar somehow and the black plastic strip along the top of the window glass.

4UZGNA3.jpg

I got a quote from a local reputable body shop, they said about 1.5 hours labour (taking the whole mirror off, etc), plus they said they'd need to buy a new sticker for the black plastic strip and fit it. Total cost £200 and they're booked till Jan.

Seems like a lot to me, I was hoping £100-£150 tops. What do others think? I've already paid £140 for the new wing mirror bits!

Body shops are never cheap but they are your only option unless you can live with it as a touch up. 200 quid seems reasonable to me tbh. I recently paid that for a shop to respray a splitter on my Astra that I'd broken in half and then repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body shops are never cheap but they are your only option unless you can live with it as a touch up. 200 quid seems reasonable to me tbh. I recently paid that for a shop to respray a splitter on my Astra that I'd broken in half and then repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. Just thought I'd get someone else's opinion. Just seemed a bit steep for a 1 1/2" chip to me. Think it's too deep for touch up so I've booked it in anyway and am going to be a lot more careful in future.

Thing is thought they won't just touch that up, they'll probably paint a fair bit of the pillar so will prep a bigger area than you're looking at etc.

I've paid a lot more than that previously for small chips but they had to spray the whole door panel and paint isn't cheap these days

Back