• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A rather annoying noise!

Had the car for....5 days! And noticed a not too loud but annoying noise that appears to be coming from both door window surounds....almost sounds like static interference from a radio......not sure if it's the seals. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what is it and is there a solution.....?

Thanks

Not heard of this before but does sound like the rubber door window trim. Might be flapping about when the air moves over it, just check if any of it is loose.

Usual rattle/squeak on the FN2 is from the windscreen cowl tapping on the windscreen.

Thanks, it's an odd sound....actually seems to be coming from both sides.......!

The cowl noise is obvious in that it comes from the front.

Maybe check the door cards are on properly. You never know, they might have been taken off at some point. They attach with screws behind the door opener and in the handle recess, but only clips round the outside. Should be obvious if any of it is loose.

I'll look, thanks. Worse on rough roads....if i closed my eyes the noise would be coming from an area stretching from above my head to the right, down to the tweeter (drivers side)....thats why i thought door window seal.....more of a creak than wind......WEIRD!!! Not sure i can stand it long term......

I have a buzzing noise coming from the top or the window after having a windscreen fitted. Sounds as if the front of the roof lining is vibrating against the window.

Bloody hell....the roof lining isn't attached where it meets the windscreen!!! Either where the screen has been replaced or perhaps where they threaded the wiring for the Nokia h/free?
Back to Honda next week methinks ,,,,,,,

Bloody hell....the roof lining isn't attached where it meets the windscreen!!! Either where the screen has been replaced or perhaps where they threaded the wiring for the Nokia h/free?
Back to Honda next week methinks ,,,,,,,

:eek: Shocking!

At least you got to the bottom of it.

Hope so, but how does the headlining affix to the roof?? I don't want Honda to bodge it!

It is held in by the plastic trim on the A-pillars by all accounts. If it has been taken out to put in a wiring loom for for the hands free, it just might not be sitting as it should on top of the the trim. Might need the pillar covers taking off and then refitting properly.

Edit: Oh and some screws underneath the front interior light! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Well off for a week and a bit from Friday....should get it sorted....and get a proper chance to see how the car drives.....hoping to get out and about, maybe down to Bournemouth way.....

Back