• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A standard EP3.

Cheers Billy, keeping it near stock is less hassle. I find if things go too far from standard can end up getting out of hand, and you forget what you have, (unless the standard car has a particularly ugly feature).

Still the best car on the forum after TypeGrrrrr's CRX IMO. Best EP3 by a mile. Best k20 car.

What does the chassis refresh entail? Replacing bushes/springs/dampers ETC?

Wow thanks for that title Hazz! :D

Yeah the refresh was a full set of dampers, top mounts (just the rubber inserts for the rear), springs and camber adjusters front and rear to counteract any difference the springs made. Eibach Pro, so they barely lower the car allowing it to remain practical, and the comfort has increased, I'm sure of it.

Photos of it now.

DSC_0028_zps8dec5fe5.jpg

DSC_0022_zpsd0cd72c8.jpg

Small update.

Recently got a few items for the EP3.

The alarm fob broke in my pocket.

20130918_175904_zps3e890309.jpg

20131005_172548_zpsbfff5efa.jpg

Had the A/C regassed, and I also cleaned it out using some comma. It didn't smell, but I bought it anyway, because I used it on one of my other cars a few days ago, which did have smelling A/C, and it has eliminated the smell.

20131007_170321_zpse6177941.jpg

Finally, given the engine bay a steam clean, the plenum has really come up nice, basically dirt free in all visible areas. No pictures though sorry. I also changed the oil again (Nanodrive) and HAMP filter. I am religious with keeping on top of fluids, as they're so important in my opinion. I also picked up a rocker cover gasket, as mine is weeping.

Today arrived something I've been looking forward to getting!

I bought a retrimmed steering wheel on eBay, from an obviously great guy. It's a Momo EP3 ring, refurbished. I love the satin appearance which blends nicely with the airbag cover.

The original wheel was tired, and it was showing premature wear when we bought the car. I steam cleaned the interior a few months back, and the steam cleaning made the wheel look worse, to the point I wasn't happy at all with it.

The worn original.

IMG_0505_zps83f19d4c.jpg

IMG_0508_zpsa4a9d7a5.jpg

And the fresh new.

IMG_0512_zps1d89234a.jpg

IMG_0516_zps6984af94.jpg

The stitching close up.

IMG_0499_zps36492e8a.jpg

I think it was a one off, R35735.

I thought to add another update, not that there's much point because not many people click on the thread I feel, ha!

I recently did the steering rack slider and re-greased the rack. There was the tiniest bit of play on the slider, about half a millimetre, but that's understandable considering how many times it was moved inside the rack. Packing grease in there has really made it smooth though, I recommend it.

IMG_0818_zps84c5b887.jpg

IMG_0814_zps91f44a8f.jpg

Somebody put their door into the car too (van or a high vehicle I would have thought).

46D7B933-C707-41B9-B7A2-D9B6AACFE803_zpsbvcfzori.jpg

PDR man was brilliant.

IMG_1276_zps2c413c13.jpg

And then on the weekend I cleaned the paint down to nothing, decontaminated, then machine polished and layered sealant over the top.

DSC_0345_zpscb308cee.jpg

DSC_0399_zpsa8dae4f1.jpg

No reliability problems to speak of. Ever.

Steeringwheel looks good! 140 isnt too bad.
Did you notice anything different with the new slider?
i might do mine as a feel a slight play but not sure if it is worth the effort.
shame about the dent. Seems the Pdr did a great job.

Tidy car. Standard FTW.

I like that a lot. Silver is a great colour.

Cheers both, appreciate it

Steeringwheel looks good! 140 isnt too bad.
Did you notice anything different with the new slider?
i might do mine as a feel a slight play but not sure if it is worth the effort.
shame about the dent. Seems the Pdr did a great job.

Whether I would have felt the wear is one thing, but the added grease was immediately felt, and so, so, so much better. I did the job as a matter of course - I do a lot of the maintenance on the cars, in some peoples' eyes, because I'm bored. I just find things to do, as a sort of hobby. This could be seen as sad! :lol:

Keep the updates coming car looks really well mate.

Thank you.

Back