• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 A45 to 440i to Type R GT

Picked her up last Saturday a Championship White GT, thus far loving it, shes going through a full details at the moment and will be complete in 2 days, i,ll throw some pictures up once shes done, as for drivability comparing it to both my 45 and 440 its amazing, the amount of grip this thing has is verging on angelic. Speed wise i think when you're on the realms of 320 upwards it's hard to tell, my 440 ran 385 and A45 420, but i think personally from my view this is nicer delivery and more fun, love the gadgets inside, the stereo is ok, could do with a slicker faster processor but it works well enough.

I remember back when i had the 03 type R the joys of sun on that gear knob it's like a branding iron, anyways guys Hi to you all from sunny Pudsey in Leeds.

Rob

Hi Tobamory, welcome to the forum :)

Looking forward to seeing some more details and hearing more of your exploits.

Hi Rob, what do you mean by 320, 385 and 420?

the approx BHP of each car

440 had MPerformance Exhaust and engine remap and A45 ran the RennTech engine Mod

What is the exact figure for the FK8 whenever i watch a video they say 316 320 312 :( i was lead to believe its 320ish ?

Yes Flashy A45 used a plugin box with 9 settings and 4 wires, 440i was a proper BMW warranty remap and big exhaust...

about 220 in this heat..!

Welcome to the forum (best colour to)! Great car history - the A45 was a dream car but couldn't stretch to it. Very interested to hear your comments comparing the two as that thing must have shifted after the remap where I just think the Fk8 needs a bit more poke standard...

Take it you will be modding?

Welcome to the forum (best colour to)! Great car history - the A45 was a dream car but couldn't stretch to it. Very interested to hear your comments comparing the two as that thing must have shifted after the remap where I just think the Fk8 needs a bit more poke standard...

Im not too sure Yet mate, i see remaps for them 360s for only 300 quid any of you got these ? i also heard of a 500 ?????? god knows how they do that saw cost 5k ish..

A45 was nice but oversteered a little, yes it did shift but i think when you up in the 300s its costly for the gains, dont get me wrong when i removed the box for service the car felt flat as a fart LOL, it was more angry with it, but i honestly think i like manual the auto stuff is ok but boring, and i also hate the fact that sometimes its delayed on takeoff ie you shoot over a roundabout rather than a controlled clutch burst. the 440i was powerfull and the 140 is a perfoamce bargain, but again very dull driving.

When i got my New GT i also picked up te wife a John Cooper works clubman, that's fun to drive and it shifts, its also 4wd so you can really gun it anywhere, that being said this R is unlike all ive driven the LSD must be magical

When i got my New GT i also picked up te wife a John Cooper works clubman, that's fun to drive and it shifts, its also 4wd so you can really gun it anywhere, that being said this R is unlike all ive driven the LSD must be magical

My missus has a new Mini Cooper S and I am very impressed with that unfortunately. Its got the autobox and in Sport mode the sensation of speed up to 60 for me feels way more urgent than mine..!! Wont let her know that though of course....

My missus has a new Mini Cooper S and I am very impressed with that unfortunately. Its got the autobox and in Sport mode the sensation of speed up to 60 for me feels way more urgent than mine..!! Wont let her know that though of course....

I just got rid of her Cooper S for this one, and i can just about tell its a little quicker but nothing major. Only nice thing about it is her old 1 was 2 years old and Mini have a nice new stereo in it a lot slicker

this is hers

Mini%20car-M.jpg

and this is when i collected it the number plates rocks LOL they chose it for me

civic%20rear-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JUst an update on the car, its on day 2 of preparation hes more of less finished the paint correction and half the car is coated in protector, im using carbin collective this time, we were going to go for Gyeon or Gtecknic, but decided to go with this for now and i may try another in a year or 2, tomorrow session is passenger side of car then the internals and black areas.... once hes done that hes then back in a week or so to do wifes… shes looking good thus far, has a few pieces of green tape on depicting where he need to concentrate on any minor swirl marks hes missed. anyway fish and cips are here so toodles till later

^^^ This! I also fancied an A45 but they are near non existent over here. I did speak to another owner though who said it was a somewhat boring car to drive despite the power. I'm with you on the extra power in the FK8 too, I think it just need's a little bit more oomph and I'd have no complaints, I'm just afraid to crack that ECU with Hondata or Ktuner are at the moment untill a couple of here do it and it twists my arm!

yeah in some ways I wanna fast forward two and a bit years, out of warranty and I just cherry pick the best and most reliable mods and just create a beast....

Of course by then something else will be out...and I would have had to find the balloon payment.....and due to brexit we are all back to horse and cart eating a hand of hot gravel....

Back