• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A5H's NHB EP3

Hi everyone, My name is Ash, I live in Crewe, Cheshire, and i'm new to the forum. I have been lurking for a few months but just gave the car a clean so thought I'd share a few pics I took. Hopefully I can update my progress here when things start to happen (which I am hoping will be fairly soon). So this is my NHB 54 plate CTR with 70k on the clock. I bought it back in January from a local dealer with a FHSH in near immaculate condition bar a few stone chips to the bonnet which i'm going to get sorted. It's my first Honda and I'm loving it! Anyway here are a few pics...

SAM_0679.jpg

SAM_0688.jpg

SAM_0694.jpg

SAM_0675.jpg

what do you all reckon to it? I'm off to Devon in it on Thursday so that should be fun! :twisted:

Lovely!!!
NHB does look amazing when cleaned and shiny!
On a side note, I've noticed a lot with wind deflectors on, do they make much of a difference?

Hi Ash welcome to the forum mate love the NHB shine just a shame it don't last very long!

Lovely!!!
NHB does look amazing when cleaned and shiny!
On a side note, I've noticed a lot with wind deflectors on, do they make much of a difference?

They're great in the rain as it stops water from coming in when the windscreen starts to mist up and you need to open the windows a bit, but I found it not so good when the weather is very hot and not enough air comes in as it deflects it? But definitely gives the car a nice look, shame the JDM ones are too expensive for a bit of plastic!

I don't know what it is about wind deflectors but I just like the look of them. Would prefer a set of JDM ones but they are a stupid price as you say. Think the Team Heko's are about £35 but had a few issues with the clips being to tight in the window channel and pushing the deflectors out. I binned the clips and just used double sided sticky tape in the end and they stay in fine.

On a side note, what do people reckon to the sound of a 2.5" unsilenced b-pipe mated to an oem back box? Was thinking of buying a sportex one... any good?

Nice looking Ep3 bud! Looks identical to mine when I picked it up!

I've got Heko wind deflectors, they can be a PITA sometimes. I too threw the clips away, now they're just taped on.

I have an unsilenced sportex b-pipe, it was mated to the oem box for about 9 months. I like the sound it made, raspy when you bury your foot, but not droney on the motorway. There's videos on my build thread and here Exhaust video thread

Some of them have needed a bit of grinding on the welds to make them fit. But I think that for the price you can't go far wrong!

Thanks for the kind comments guys! That sounds exactly like what I'm after jimbo so will have to get one of them ordered when I get back from Devon. Where is the best place to buy one from? I'm only down the road from ABP so I'll probably just get them to fit it and do a FRSU while I'm at it lol. Thinking an itg maxogen would be nice too!

Back