• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 About to buy an ep3 - advice?

Hey forum!

I'm new here but will hopefully be an ep3 owner by the end of today - I was just wondering if I could get some advice regarding price!

There's an ep3 that I'm looking at that seems to be in great condition ( at least online ). It's 54 plate in grey (best colour, right?!) with a fhsh on 65k miles with one owner from new. Looks perfect and has a price on it of 5.9k. Part of me is thinking buy it nowww! Another part is thinking it's almost 6k for a 12 year old car!

I was thinking of aiming for 5.5k since I'm going to be paying in full. Do you guys think this is reasonable or should I push harder? PS it's not a premier.

If I end up buying (I probably will) I'll be sure to upload pics tomorrow!

Seems like its priced at the top of the market that. I've seen 54s going for £3.5k.

I would say to much, about 2k to much at least , mines an 05 one owner from new. Premier edition had 90k on clock and paid 3 for it last March. never been modified and all original.

Yeah I think I'm probably being a bit too eager here. I was originally looking for a focus st until I drove the ep3. The st's i saw had only really been dogs for around 6.5k so I think it's the thought of a well looked after ep3, in the colour I want, making me look at spending more than I should! And yeah if it was a 55 or 06 premier it would be a much better deal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a dealer that has it, the dealer is called Airedalecars and the website is a co uk one. It's over an hour from where I am and I was thinking of going after work. Just trying to think clearly before buying it purely because I want it! The advise has been pretty solid and everyone seems to share the same opinion!

It's a dealer that has it, the dealer is called Airedalecars and the website is a co uk one. It's over an hour from where I am and I was thinking of going after work. Just trying to think clearly before buying it purely because I want it! The advise has been pretty solid and everyone seems to share the same opinion!

I was totally naive when buying my premier grey 55' plate EP3. Wasn't untill looked a few weeks later that I saw similar cars for at least a grand left.

Depends how much you want it RIGHT now I guess but that is top money.

I was totally naive when buying my premier grey 55' plate EP3. Wasn't untill looked a few weeks later that I saw similar cars for at least a grand left.

Depends how much you want it RIGHT now I guess but that is top money.

well I have until mid-may to get one so that it matches up with my insurance + turning 25! After having a chat with people, and having advice on here, I think it's best that I wait for the right one for the right price rather than spending too much just to get it early. I'd had a rubbish day of seeing terrible cars and think I had it in my mind that it was the only good car I could buy!

Hopefully I'll find a decent one soon at a decent price, I'll be sure to post about it when I do :) I can hear my wallet cheering at me..

*cheeky bump with another question*

I test drove an ep3 and a focus st225 today - both stock. I hadn't driven a focus before so it was nice to try and felt mature and obviously powerful (dat torque) from low down - however didn't give me that sense of feeling like a kid again so I was eager to get back into an ep3.

Once I drove the ep3, I was ready to have a blast and I ended up feeling very underwhelmed. When I drove an ep3 last I remember vtec making quite a difference in terms of the feel of the car. Not like a turbo, but there was definitely fizz and bangs there - a sense of urgency. With this one though, engaging the vtec range nothing happened. The car didn't feel different. It was like revving my 1.6 focus but a bit faster. The car itself had quite a rust problem underneath (should've checked before the drive really!) so I walked away as I couldn't justify the price of the car as there was other work that needed doing too. There was also a strange sound during the drive that I didn't notice last time, it sounded like kinda like when you reverse? The gearbox was a bit hit and miss too when shifting, which is the complete opposite of what I experienced last time.

I'm not really all that knowledgeable with cars so I just look out for the generic "has it been looked after?" stuff. Feeling a bit gutted after the disappointing drive in the ep3, I was wondering if there was perhaps a fault with the car? Or is this how a stock ep3 behaves? I know that putting an airbox etc on there changes the characteristics slightly but I don't know. I guess I'm kind of hoping that what I drove was a dud. In hindsight I should have checked the oil but I was a bit naiive going in and felt kind of put off afterwards.

Cheers guys!

there is loads of rubbish ones that have not been looked after I'm sure your test drive another that has been cared for and you will feel like a kid again I can guarantee that

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

well I have until mid-may to get one so that it matches up with my insurance + turning 25! After having a chat with people, and having advice on here, I think it's best that I wait for the right one for the right price rather than spending too much just to get it early. I'd had a rubbish day of seeing terrible cars and think I had it in my mind that it was the only good car I could buy!

Hopefully I'll find a decent one soon at a decent price, I'll be sure to post about it when I do :) I can hear my wallet cheering at me..
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for any vehicle you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Back