• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ABS and handbrake warning fault

Hi chaps,

I've had an abs fat for a few months now. It's pretty intermittent and usually an ignition cycle will cure it once it's happened. Code is for osr sensor has open circuit. I've changed the sensor for a used genuine one, and the fault is the same.

A few weeks later the handbrake warning light started to go out and stay out, again it would come and go but has gone completely now. I've checked the switch and wiring that end. Even when earthed directly the light doesn't come on.

Both of these wiring faults point me to an internal wiring fault and I'm guessing the loom is rubbing somewhere and the hand brake like wire is broken and the abs wiring is rubbing occasionally.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams? I'm after the pin outs for the abs control unit so I can monitor the resistance of the wiring while moving the loom about to hopefully flag up where the problem may be, and also the dash wiring so I can test the park brake warning light output.

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

For the parking brake light, is the brake fluid level on max? When my brakes get low and the fluid level drops, I get the handbrake warning light when hard turning right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis the light is always off. It's just a simple earth switch and even with a temp earth to the terminal it still isn't coming on. I'll have a look at that link you sent Mike, thanks.

Could the bulb have blown? They're tiny little things and they don't take much. I had a bulb once that had technically blown (wire had a break in it) but the two sides were touching so it still mostly worked. At low revs it would flicker (I guess as the two parts acted like a spring and touched on occasion).

Good shout Mike but the light works when the ignition is cycled hence the link. I haven't had a chance to delve deeper yet. Maybe this weekend. Thanks for any help though.

Back