• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 ABS and VSA Error Message

Covered almost 300 miles in the new GT now. However returned to my car after work today, fired her up as usual and pulled away as usual.

The ABS light then came on in conjuction with the VSA light with the message check system in orange on the multi function computer display. It also had 2 symbols in oranage too that looked a bit like the speed alarm message.

Obviously I turned around parked up and switched off. Having looked at the handbook (which didn't seem to help) I called my local dealer. Guy just said sounds like an odd error and that if it happened again to take it to them to check out.

When i switched back on again everything had returned to normal. No errors, no messages and no error lights. Car drives just like normal and brakes are fine. Have used the car a reasonable amount tonight so switched off and switched on again a few times. Everything fine.

Should i take it to the dealer tomorrow just to check or if the errors haven't re-appered should i leave it be?

Could it be a co-incidence that it just so happens that my rear wheels seem to be much dirtier from brake dust and road dirt than the front ones. Is there a connection?

Not had issues mentioned above however picked up new GT Saturday and washed and polished Sunday (as you do) after 60 miles and rear wheels were already noticiable dirtier than front so think this bit is coincidence.

Dealer has said it's the VSA system as it's constantly appliying the rear brakes in small doses to keep the vehicle under control.

They go through rear brake pads far quicker than front so i was told, but then that would figure!

The answer is..........providing it is safe to do so........turn the VSA off!!!! :D

Never had the problem you've described...touch wood!
Get it back to them just to check it out for piece of mind I suppose.
My rear wheels are always filthy with brake dust whilst the front sparkle...odd.

I thought the VSA was always off until you press the button...or am I mistaken?

Never had the problem you've described...touch wood!
Get it back to them just to check it out for piece of mind I suppose.
My rear wheels are always filthy with brake dust whilst the front sparkle...odd.

I thought the VSA was always off until you press the button...or am I mistaken?

It may have just been an odd error, so think i will leave it. If it does it again, i'll get them to check it out for peace of mind.

It is a strange one with regards to the brake dust, and not something i've encountered before. Still those brakes do stop you so i'm not complaining.

No it's the other way round mate. The VSA system is automatically on with the light off, and when you press the button and the light appears, you've switched the VSA system off. The light is there to warn and remind you. :D

Dam it! I'll be turning that off on the way home up the autobahn tonight!

But then having just put the winter boots on I better leave it on.

Ouch! I'm driving home for xmas...I get my first attempt at navigating the M25 on the way up to Notts.

Bit worried about the thieving scum who cant keep their hands to themselves.
Especially with German plates on it!

Attachments

• Av.jpg
    Av.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
Back