• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

abs light fault

A month ago I started my car as I was going up the road noticed the abs light on. Stopped checked brake fluid level and car was stopping fine. Had a good local guy look at it straight after he put the computer on and couldn't see any faults. Today after driving car for half an hour this is the second time it has come on but its come on once I switched car off and back on. Now could this be my rear pads as I think they are bit low or could it be a fuse or is it something else all help would he great cheers.

More than likely an abs sensor or loom fault. Could be pads but not usually the cause of an abs light.

Yep, very likely a wheel speed sensor on it's way out. Get one of those Bluetooth OBDII readers and a phone app, they're invaluable for faults like this.

I know on some cars you can get this when the tyre pressure is a lot lower than the other side. Also this is amplified if one side has a lot more tread remaining. Just thought I'd throw that in there. You never know.

More than likely an abs sensor or loom fault. Could be pads but not usually the cause of an abs light.

Thanks guys. Also today I went to get car serviced and the mechanic has said there is okay in both front suspensions but no leaks or anything visible and said its strange. Also said the top mounts are fine any ideas anyone cheers...?

Yep, very likely a wheel speed sensor on it's way out. Get one of those Bluetooth OBDII readers and a phone app, they're invaluable for faults like this.

Thanks mate will look in to it also someone has said when the sensor gets covered with dirt or brake dust it sometimes flashes on and goes off. Only flashed on and went straight off.

Back