• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ABS VSA light on fn2

Hi All

My ABS and VSA light is coming on intermittently. I've just changed the discs and pads all round and cleaned around the sensors and it went off for about 15 miles but has now come back on. I have a cheap code reader but it's not displaying any faults.

Will shorting the diagnostic port show the fault? Or can anyone recommend a reasonable place to get the code read or is there anyone in South Wales that could read the code for me?

MOT is due at end of the month so need to get this sorted, hopefully it's just a wheel sensor, I'll definitely buy genuine after the posts I've read about cheap aftermarket one's.

Likely a sensor but you need something that can read ABS faults as my cheaper readers didn't pick them up. It may eventually go from intermittent to on all the time.

Blue print sensors seem OK, mine have been fine and done several k and trackdays. Honda ones are a rip off, I was always buy OEM but fcuk £120+!

Thought I would update this.

Had to also replace the rear brake cover for mot so replaced both rear and spent a bit of time cleaning up the cog on the hubs where the abs sensor reads from and also cleaned the sensors with contact cleaner. Light went out straight away and I've done over 800 miles since without it returning. Hopefully problem solved.

Back