• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Accord recaros into ep3

Hi,

Found a pair of black recaros (same as premier ed.) from an accord type r and am considering getting them IF they will fit into my uk ep3. Just checking to see if the seat rails are the same or can be swapped over......

Ta.

Yeah, thats how i ended up looking for them as i was going to get the reds. Are his from an accord? PM getting sent!

yeah he has black ones in his NHB from an Accord. he has a build thread on here somewhere in Members cars.

What seats do you currently have? If you do not have the premier seats I think the rails are different. You can get EP3 recaro rails off of Ebay pretty easily so I'd try your rails out first in case they work and if not you can get the Recaro ones after. Might save you some cash

Still got the stock black seats. The recaros come with rails so just need to clarify the mounting points are the same. Would have thought so as i can't see the mounting points on the body being different between models..??

Take it they dont tilt forward then? I'd imagine pushing them fully forward and screwing the uprights forward would still give enough clearance for getting in the back?

Suits: pm sent but give us a holler on this thread if you read it.....ta.

Take it they dont tilt forward then? I'd imagine pushing them fully forward and screwing the uprights forward would still give enough clearance for getting in the back?

No they don't as the Accord has rear doors. They will slide and tilt forward like you say, depend how often you have someone in the back.....

Pretty much never. My seat never gets moved and the passenger one is only shifted to get the shopping in the back. Any idea what price bracket i should be looking to aim for with these before i commit?

Yeah as Neily said they dont tilt forward.

I can fit in the back by just slideing the seat forward on it rails.

If you need more space you can wind the seat forward.

Since I have done it, not a single person has gone in teh back of my car.

By not having the seat tilt you do benifit from the inflatable lumber supports though. This for me is a big plus as it supports the small of your back no end and makes these seats much more comfortable than the Premiers version of these Recaro's.

Looks a lot smarter than the red IMO.

Inside2.jpg

Interior9.jpg

Yeah, don't think there will be an issue of them not tilting for me. As long as you can get in the back once in a blue moon its not a drama. am i right in thinking the backrests are more hugging then the std seats? Totally agree about the black v's red. Only reason i wanted to change in the first place was for better support/comfier seats. Red premiers were the only option i thought till i saw your thread. Happy days. Cheers for the advice!

am i right in thinking the backrests are more hugging then the std seats?

Not really. They're both derivatives of the Recaro Sport series, so the seat shape is the same. If you want something more hugging, I would go for the Recaro Speed series that are found in the DC5.

Accord type R seats = Recaro Sport Sportline
Civic Premier/30AE seats = Recaro Sport Trendline
DC5 seats = Recaro Speed

Really? The premiers look like the shoulders come round more than the std seats. (2001 ep3). Obviously the headrest differs but thats not important.

Really? The premiers look like the shoulders come round more than the std seats. (2001 ep3). Obviously the headrest differs but thats not important.

Apologies, I thought you were comparing the Accord seats to the Premier seats. If you're comparing the Recaro's to the standard EP3 seats, then the Recaro's are definitely more hugging.

Whilst i'm here, can you get replacement silver door card inserts from the dealer? (not the door release handle but the diagonal support.)

Accord type R seats = Recaro Sport Sportline
Civic Premier/30AE seats = Recaro Sport Trendline
DC5 seats = Recaro Speed

Didn't think the ATR seats had elec' adjustment and lumbar support? I was always under the impression they were retrimmed Trendlines, as per the Premier/30AE.

Aren't the DC5 seats "SR" not Speed?

Mine have the SR tag embossed on the side plates.

The difference being (so i'm told): The Speed was made for taller markets like Europe,
whilst the SR had a shorter back for JDM.....

Back