• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Accord recaros into ep3

Didn't think the ATR seats had elec' adjustment and lumbar support? I was always under the impression they were retrimmed Trendlines, as per the Premier/30AE.

Didn't know they electrical adjustmant either. Can someone confirm this either way please..?

Aren't the DC5 seats "SR" not Speed?

Mine have the SR tag embossed on the side plates.

The difference being (so i'm told): The Speed was made for taller markets like Europe,
whilst the SR had a shorter back for JDM.....

That's interesting chap.

I must admit I just had a quick look on line rather than going to the car and having a look. Nevertheless, the Speed and SR seats are far more hugging and "sporty" than the Sport series.

Still got the stock black seats. The recaros come with rails so just need to clarify the mounting points are the same. Would have thought so as i can't see the mounting points on the body being different between models..??

I'd say it'll be very very unlikely the ATR rails will bolt straight into the EP3. Bonus if it does, but i'd be expecting them not to.

^^^^^^^^^ as above , ATR rails will not bolt into the EP3

i would source some Recaro EP3 or DC5 rails and use a spacer for one of the hole as only 3 will line up

That is only with the comfort package installed, which is not the case on the ATR seats.

I'm sure the ATR seats are Trendline then - from memory they are identical to the one I've got in the FD2.

Sportline adds to this electric height adjust and Airmatic lumbar support.
The Topline gives you the "comfort pack" on top of that - electric recline, heating and Recaro Vent.

Cheers for the tips guys. Away offshore for 2 weeks tomorrow so i'll report back when i get home and have them fitted. (with pics, obviously..;))

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, having all that electronic frippery and extra weight is against the whole point of Type R ???

....remember how light and raw the EK9's and DC2's were....

Nothing electrical about the pair i'm getting. As far as weight goes i can't seem them being much different from the stock seats. You'd save more weight by taking the aircon out.....

Right, got the seats today and had a set of recaro rails from a DC5 all ready to fit. Checked the DC5 rails for fitting the floorpan and they seem to be the same as the original ones. Happy days. Took the accord rails of the recaros and went to fit the DC5 rails and......no chance. The rail mounting holes on the seats are a mile apart compared to the DC5 rails. Without sounding like a numpty if i've missed something, whats the deal here then?

Back