• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

accord type r mapping

hi ive just got a accord type r and i love it. i would ike to chip the ecu but i cant find eny one to do it. i would love some advice thanks

Depends where you are really. but everyone on here goes for tdi but you need either k100 map or kpro then that tuned.

There is no Kpro or K100 on an Accord Type R. It has the H22 engine.

They are a pain in the arse to map & will cost you mega bucks.

Paul at TDi-North will be able to advise you. I'm pretty sure it's AEM but I might be wrong.

Sell it and buy a more powerful car.

This 100%. I currently own one ATR I had two. They are more of a cruiser than a hot hatch or track car.

They are already at a standard level of tune where not much more is available. TDI did have some luck with the AEM, unfortunately due to a design flaw it was unreliable. It did give gains though as the H22 runs VERY rich in VTEC.

Paul at TDi-North will be able to advise you. I'm pretty sure it's AEM but I might be wrong.

Bang on the Money. There are other Hondata solutions involving older Tech, very hard to get hold of and Silly money.

There's only a few options, to sum up one is Hondata S300 but you need to convert the car to OBD1. The other is a stand alone ECU. Both are pretty expensive but possible.

You could change the Final Drive. In real terms probably the only worthwhile mod.

You've got to remember though the ATR is quite a heavy car compared to the EP3&DC5.

Hondata S300 ECU along with the conversion kit for OBD1, fitting and mapping would be around £1000, or at least when I last looked into it that was what I quoted. Stand alone would be more. The standard exhaust system is pretty restrictive so to see the best gains you need to replace that (£600 for a new one), plus a manifold (some £300 depending on what you get) and of course there's the intake (around £200). Considering these cars are only worth some £2000 or so depending on condition is it really worth spending the value of the car in modifications to get some 10-15% more performance?

I would personally say get some premium tyres (Advan AD08, high end Bridgestones etc), upgrade the brakes (pads, lines and fluid) and maybe get the car rebushed (they are old cars now, replacing some suspension components would breathe new life into the handling). As per Andy, they are a bit heavier than the EP3 etc, but saying that they are excellent handing cars out of the box and have great feedback (especially the steering over the EP3, plus I find it more stable when making 'progress' compared to an EP3). Guess it depends on how much you want to justify spending.

Another option is the FIC tuning that TDI North are working one but I believe it's still a work in progress. Call Paul there for more info.

Back