• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adding a Turbo to an EP3

First thing you should look at is Camber Arms and Bolts, possibly shorter springs, and a full, proper Geometry set up. You will be amazed at how much more you can push the car round bends, without engine mods.

First thing you should look at is Camber Arms and Bolts, possibly shorter springs, and a full, proper Geometry set up. You will be amazed at how much more you can push the car round bends, without engine mods.

Does make a huge difference, Roundabouts are a lot of fun now I've had this done :twisted:

It will be more noticeable than 40bhp, and cheaper in the short term.

Also the car will be set up properly for when more power is added.

I do love my EP3 and it is tempting to get another car but I'm trying to save for a house etc. whilst developing my EP3 at the moment. Also, I don't think my dad would like me changing car so soon (African parent). He wasn't happy when I bought home the EP3 lol

I didn't expect the turbo's to be so much so I will explore other options. I want to get it running anything from 230-250BHP and that will suit me (for now).

Better improvements to be made in terms of handling.

I will still take you out in the VXR as you are only round the corner and I like showing it off too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at getting the Powerflex camber bolts and hardrace camber arms and also some Eibach Sportline springs.

Where abouts can I get a FRSU in Essex and what sort of price would I be looking at?

I'm looking at getting the Powerflex camber bolts and hardrace camber arms and also some Eibach Sportline springs.

Where abouts can I get a FRSU in Essex and what sort of price would I be looking at?

I've got a similar set up and geo on mine. Handles nice.

I could send you a copy of mine and AMD could do it

Any tyre place with decent 4 wheel alignment kit can do it. I use my local tyre place for my geo.

Bearings made of chocolate

I have to agree. I'm on my second Astra H VXR now with the dreaded M32 box.

Last one, showed symptoms of failure with twitching in the gear stick and whining at 44k. Luckily had a whole new box under networkQ warranty.

Most recent one showed twitching in the gear stick at 41k and had to have a refurb of all the bearings at 600 quid.

Probably could have got away with the one 6th gearing down for about 3-400 quid and would have been fine but would have kicked myself further down the line if another went!

Not the best box but every car has a weak link somewhere

I have to agree. I'm on my second Astra H VXR now with the dreaded M32 box.

Last one, showed symptoms of failure with twitching in the gear stick and whining at 44k. Luckily had a whole new box under networkQ warranty.

Most recent one showed twitching in the gear stick at 41k and had to have a refurb of all the bearings at 600 quid.

Probably could have got away with the one 6th gearing down for about 3-400 quid and would have been fine but would have kicked myself further down the line if another went!

Not the best box but every car has a weak link somewhere
I've repaired a few in the past for friends as so many Vauxhalls have that gearbox in them. I think it's more down to gearbox design that starves the bearings of oil which leads to failure.
To be fair the Honda gearbox isn't exactly bullet proof. They tend to go bang when people abuse them.

I've repaired a few in the past for friends as so many Vauxhalls have that gearbox in them. I think it's more down to gearbox design that starves the bearings of oil which leads to failure.
To be fair the Honda gearbox isn't exactly bullet proof. They tend to go bang when people abuse them.

Yeah the fluid need to be good stuff and needs to be changed every 6-10k ideally and you can run a gearbox breather allowing an extra 0.4l of oil.

Some go some don't, how you treat it and general luck of the draw really!

Back