• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adjustable coilovers vs shocks and springs

I'm looking at refreshing the suspension on my ep3 and have a budget of around 1k. The car will be mainly used on the road with the occasional track day, I dont want to loose daily comfort and still want to be able to drive my usual b roads without wincing every time I hit a pot hole or small bump. On my list are the following;

Koni yellows with eibach springs.
Bilstein b6, b8 with eibach springs.
Mugen suspension.
Meister r coilovers
Yellow speed coilovers
Or the new offerings from m factory that grinspeed are pushing.

My concerns with the coilovers is that they will ruin the car on the road and I'm also sceptical of build quality but if I opt for shocks I won't have the same adjustability come track.

I want to get it right first time, any other suggestions welcome, thanks.

OEM dampers and Eibach or Spoon progressive springs would be fine, use the change for a partial bush refresh.

As above really, but if you do fancy coilovers, I would recomend Meister R's. I had the Zeta R's and they were very good for the money.

The cheaper Meister's and Yellowspeed's (and D2, HSD etc etc) are just rebranded cheap ones from Taiwan that you can get on eBay for £350.

c2e0a9859ed9d63137464e893be9fec2.png

Thanks for the input, any thoughts on the koni yellows or bilstein b6, b8's I've got abp eibachs and oem shocks at the moment and it feels and sounds like it's bottoming out on occasions, im thinking of switching to the pro kit anyway as I have issues with getting over speed bumps with these springs.

Back