• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adjustable Rear Camber Arm Snapped Whilst Driving :(

Well this wasn't planned, I already have a long list of this to do/sort on the civic but may as well add something else to it. Looks like I will need some new adjustable rear camber arms seeing as one of mine decided to snap on my way back home, felt the back end twitch a little and then CLONK, CLONK CLONK all the way back. Had a little look and saw the camber arm snapped and hiring the chassis. Nice one.

I honestly don't know, they are purple in colour... Will clean all the crud of them and see if they have a make. Gauging by all the cheapo eBay stuff that was on the car when I bought it I'm guessing eBay specials because they actually look like they have been welded with bubble gum.

Could potentially be the knock off ones that were around a few years back. There was a short spout of people having issues with ebay bought D2 arms and IIRC, they were cheap chinese knockoffs.

I'm sure someone can drop some knowledge on the history of d2 arms....

I have D2 arms only been on the car for around 6 months came in a package from Grinspeed it's what they use on a FRSU package

D2 make pretty poor products, cheaply knocked out of a factory in Taiwan. Same as Meister R, Yellow Speed etc.

I'm thinking these were the cheap nasty Chinese kind as everything about them was poor, from the finish to the way the were made just screams poor. And they actually didn't fit as when I had removed them I noticed they had been knocking against the body which since putting standard ones back on for now has cured my low speed rear knocking noise. But hopefully no one else's will snap on them.

Just put of curiosity, whats the so called best brand of rear arms to buy I have been hearing a lot about hardrace arms??

Hardrace are very good.

The most renowned are Eibach or SPC, same arms but different branding.

Grinspeed sold these as a package deal with eibach springs, if the garages sell them to the customer they must put some faith in the product I've had no problems with mine hopefully I'll remain lucky too I had a look at them before they went in the car and got to say they looked of good quality and Stevie seemed too agree

Yeah, I'm not trying to worry anyone or say D2 products are bad. I'm guessing as said based on what was on the car when I bought it, seemed like it had been modded on a budget. Mine are probably easily a Chinese knock off version.

Hardrace are very good.

The most renowned are Eibach or SPC, same arms but different branding.
I always thought SPC were an Eibach item and one of the same, ie, if you bought an Eibach kit you get an SPC box anyway.

Back