• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adjusting ride height

Hi, I just got myself a 05 ep3 type r. It has been lowered on springs to 40mm by the previous owner. The only problem I'm having is the the exhaust (spoon n1 rep) is scraping on some bumps around my area. It really is un avoidable on certain bumps :(

I dont know much about lowering springs and was wondering how I could change the ride height, could you adjust them on the springs that I have on now or would I need to purchase new ones? Thanks

The only way is to change the springs. OEM springs turn up on on eBay or on here every so often.

The Eibach pro kit lowers by 30mm, though I doubt 1cm is going to stop you scraping your exhaust in all honesty.

The EP's with aftermarket exhaust are going to scrape, lowered or not. It's in a silly location so it hangs down really low. Mine is flat right under the downpipe.. not much to be done about that unfortunately.

Managed to avoid the scraping by driving more towards the right on certain bumps lol I guess I could live with it the more I get used to it

Back