• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ADVAN AD08

Anybody tried this tyre on the EP3? Thinking about getting a set.

how does it compare to the likes of the Falken 452 or Toyo T1R in wet and dry?

There are noisy and uncomfortable for trips but they perform very well in track. Thay also last long. They are NOT semislicks though...

In the dry they will muller both of those.

like most of you, i don't drive hard in the wet so thats not an issue. The Toyo T1R i thought were brilliant in the dry and on track too compared to the 452's but the later hold up slightly better in the wet.

Its ok that they are not semi-slick as i plan on using these on a day to day basis.

Whats the rim protection and wall stiffness like? I'm thinking of running 215/45/17 instead of the 40 profile cause a) their cheaper and b) a prediction of little more comfort

Rim protection is OK, what you will notice is that they come up quite wide, my 195's look more like 205's, so you get more overhang on the rim, which obviously helps. Here's a pic of the overhang on my wheels.

ad08s_1.jpg

The side walls are stiff, which makes for a slightly harsher ride, but greatly improves the turn in and steering feel. I can't speak for 452's, but if you're coming from T1Rs, it'll be night and day between sidewall stiffness.

Insurance say there will be big issue with my premium if i install these for road use as their a semi slick tyre...Eagle F1 asymmetric 2's it will be then!

As per Dotty utter nonsense. You don't need to declare tyres anyway. Slicks are illegal on the road.

Greenlight

Send Tony@Greenlight a PM. It might be that the operator couldn't grasp their classification.

He'll tell you straight either way, but as above they are classed as performance summer tyres.

Telling the insurance company about the brand/type of tyre seems a little extreme, I'm all for declaring stuff but I never been asked about the tyres.

Thanks guys, will message him.

6N2 GTI 00 - Well the tyre profile would change so technically its change from OEM and im guessing some insurance company's would do your legs if a tyre was a the root of the problem for whatever reason

Back