• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advert banner

Mods, is there anyway of turning the advertising banner off at the top of the screen?

It's fcuking annoying.

Thanks

It's admins only who can change that. Are you meaning get rid of it altogether?

It's not there for fun really, it's bringing revenue for the running of the site every time someone accidentally clicks on it. :lol:

A simple ad blocker on your browser would be an idea though if you can't live with it.

It's not there for fun really, it's bringing revenue for the running of the site every time someone accidentally clicks on it. :lol:

I had it blocked, did not know it was per click. Might start using the ad then!

It's not just per click. Please don't use ad blockers at it generates revenue which pays for hosting the site.

It's admins only who can change that. Are you meaning get rid of it altogether?

A simple ad blocker on your browser would be an idea though if you can't live with it.

If possible and it'll not affect to whole forum i'd like it removed as it just plain annoying. I'll be honest and say i'm not exactly that great in all things IT but i'm pretty sure i'm running an ad blocker (works pc so can't go messing around with it) and yet it's still there.

It's not just per click. Please don't use ad blockers at it generates revenue which pays for hosting the site.

You learn something new everyday so the saying goes.

Is it off every time the banner is loaded then?

Sorry, I'm not sure of the ins and outs, Al would be the better person to ask. But no, we won't disable it for users I'm afraid.

One of the new adverts keeps asking me if I want to leave a secure page. It's annoying.

Perhaps the annoying ad's can be removed for donating members, I know the mods and admin have it disabled so I'll assume that is it easy enough to put normal users in to that user group?

Failing that ad blocker FTW!

Back