• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice Fitting Cat back system

hi im looking to fit an unsilenced supersprint with a spoon n1 backbox but after looking at my join onto cat ive noticed that all 3 bolts will proberly snap but the actually flange doesn't look too bad, just wondering if everyone else has had this problem? its not a problem fitting new bolts and drilling them out if need be but im just a bit worried about it sealing properly after as a new cat for the ep3 is 1700 bucks and i dont want to decat it tbh. Any advice or anyone whos been in same situation much appreciated, or any photos would be great

IMG_0609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If worst comes to worst and they need drilling out it wont damage the Flange on the cat or the exhaust if done correctly.

yeah ** ge a picture i think and see what you guys think, i was just going to go for a n1 backbox but i dont think it will be that loud....thats why i would like the unsilenced b pipe

yeah ** ge a picture i think and see what you guys think, i was just going to go for a n1 backbox but i dont think it will be that loud....thats why i would like the unsilenced b pipe

this will be pretty loud

yeah well i work in garage but where i work we would just nail the customer for a new cat and everything seems to go wrong when its your own car haha

nice one i think im just gona bite the bullet and go for it now all i need to do is get my hands on a supersprint b pipe

Hey pal I had this problem last week fitting my dc sports cat back, it was a nightmare of a job as I was on my back with no ramp or heat. Had to grind the nuts fully off then drill the remaining studs through but trust me they are stainless studs so be prepared for a lot of drilling. Ended up fitting a decat pipe and manifold yesterday so all pointless now lol.
Get plenty of heat and I bought a 3 bolt gasket off Ebay which fit perfect

Unsilenced B-pipe with N1 will be unbearable FYI.

Yeah how come nobody has mentioned this lol? From what i've observed it is "not funny" loud, novelty wears off very fast and it is removed.

if i heat up the studs enough this will hammer through because its not threaded through either flange only thread in on the nuts, well thats the plan

is it really that loud? do all these videos i have watched not do it justice then? might buy a n1 backbox and see how it sounds like that then

Back